Tracker3 and Garmin nuvi 2595 dosent recieve

  • oz2evp
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 30, 2014

      Hi.

       The tracker sends both my position and  message but keep sending messages as it does not get anything back from the APRS net .

      And no waypoints comes up on the screen, not even my digi less than 5 meters from my tracker 3

      I have looked around on the forums , but cannot find anything .

      Does someone have any idea ??

      Vy 73 de OZ2EVP

      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 30, 2014
        Do you get any indication that it's hearing traffic at all? You'll
        probably want to connect to it over USB and check to see if it's
        receiving anything.

        Scott

        On 1/30/2014 1:19 AM, oz2evp@... wrote:
        > Hi.
        >

        > The tracker sends both my position and message but keep sending
        > messages as it does not get anything back from the APRS net .
        >

        > And no waypoints comes up on the screen, not even my digi less than 5
        > meters from my tracker 3
        >

        > I have looked around on the forums , but cannot find anything .
        >

        > Does someone have any idea ??
        >

        > Vy 73 de OZ2EVP

      • oz2evp
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 30, 2014

          Now it does recieve confirmation for the messages and recieves them ... But still dosent show other radioes on the map

          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 30, 2014
            Do they show up in your favorites list?

            The 2xx5 series won't immediately update the map, and it only shows map
            items at certain zoom levels.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 30, 2014

              yes it does recieve .

              Here is a Little copy from Termite terminal :

              OZ5DIM-2>APU25N,OZ4DIZ-2*,OZ2BOM-2*,WIDE2:}OZ6GX-5>APRS,TCPIP,OZ5DIM-2*:@302205z5557.17N/01144.68E_059/004g023t029r000P000p000h87b10162v6

              <Digi Echo>

              OZ2EVP-9>APOT30,OZ0DER-2*,WIDE2:!5556.32N/00846.90E>248/000/A=000011 12.8V På vej

            • oz2evp
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 30, 2014

                Yes there is some in the favorite , but far from all the stations i have heard .. Maybe i just need to Mount it in my car and go for a drive near some other users to see if it does Work ??

                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 30, 2014
                  Only stations with positions will be shown in favorites - positionless weather reports and status packets and such won't show up.  The rest should cause a yellow blink on the ACT light.

                  Scott

                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 23, 2014
                    Hi again .

                    I have been playing for some time now but still cannot get the waypoints of other users on my gps screen.

                    i have tryed to park rigth next to another unit i know is sending waypoints so it should show up but no luck.

                    Do you have any idea what the error is or some solution to this .
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 24, 2014
                      Are the received stations showing up in the favorites list?

                      Scott

                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 24, 2014
                        no they dont show up
                      • Rune Ellingsen
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 24, 2014
                          i have the same problem. I can receive but not send. with the same equipment. and have tried and failed. so my guess is that this gps does not support those waypoints.

                          OZ2EVP. could you tell us your software settings for the tracker3
                        • oz2evp
                          Message 12 of 23 , Apr 25, 2014
                          Here is a screenshot of my settings Rune .

                          I also think that the Garmin 2595 just dont want to show variable waypoints .
                          At the same time i have a problem how to show stationary repeateres loaded as constant waypoints . In the poi file they should show as a Tall Tower but comes up as a small square / dot only

                          Vy 73 De Oz2evp / Erik
                          Message 13 of 23 , Apr 28, 2014
                            But the tracker is getting your position properly? Do you have waypoint
                            output enabled on the tracker?

                            The 2xx5 series only shows waypoints at certain zoom levels, but you
                            should be able to see them in the favorites list. You might want to
                            check that you've got the latest software on the nuvi.

                            Scott

                            On 4/24/2014 11:09 AM, oz2evp@... wrote:

                            > no they dont show up

                          • oz2evp
                            Message 14 of 23 , Apr 30, 2014
                              Yes waypoint output is on . The tracker should get my position as it does send well to the aprs network ..

                              I believe i have the newest update for my nuvi .

                              I have been playing some more with it and it does not send outgiong message right away when i type them in and press send .i dont know what does this or if it only sends mesage with position. My position is set to use smart beacon

                              p.s my tracker settings is attached in this thread .

                              Vy 73 de OZ2EVP / Erik

                              Message 15 of 23 , May 5, 2014
                                You might try disabling the range limit option to see if that makes any
                                difference.

                                Scott

                                On 4/25/2014 5:50 AM, oz2evp@... wrote:
                                > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from oz2evp@... included below]
                                >
                                > Here is a screenshot of my settings Rune .
                                >

                                > I also think that the Garmin 2595 just dont want to show variable
                                > waypoints .
                                > At the same time i have a problem how to show stationary repeateres
                                > loaded as constant waypoints . In the poi file they should show as a
                                > Tall Tower but comes up as a small square / dot only
                                >
                                > Vy 73 De Oz2evp / Erik

                              • oz2evp
                                Message 16 of 23 , May 13, 2014
                                  It does something . i have seen one other APRS user who was driving behind me .

                                  It came up as a marker with a blue cirkle arroud it . but in front of me .

                                  It is now going the right way now .  But for some reason , i have lost the favorites but have got a saved positions instead .

                                  Erik
                                • rymszewicz2112
                                  Message 17 of 23 , Aug 7 1:18 PM
                                    Hey Erik,

                                    Have you had any luck with your 2595? I've got a 2797 that I've been able to send and receive messages to and from my TH-D72 but I can't seem to see other stations on the map. Mr. Miller did warn me a while back that they won't show up at a certain zoom level. Do you happen to know what zoom level they will show up in?

                                    Thanks,

                                    Ian
                                  • oz2evp
                                    Message 18 of 23 , Aug 8 5:54 AM
                                      Hi Ian

                                      I have only seen other stations one time when i was playing with zoom levels.

                                      But i cant get it to show that again.

                                      Im waiting for some one with some more experiense who comes up with some solution .

                                      Until then i just use my system as a send only.

                                      73 de OZ2EVP / Erik
                                    • rymszewicz2112
                                      Message 19 of 23 , Aug 12 2:18 PM
                                        Hi Erik,I'm going to try and hook it up to my D710 and see what I discover in the city. If I gain any results, I'll post it. Unfortunately, the latest nuvi line may be leaps and bounds better in some fronts but the nuvi 350 is the only one that's "flawed" perfect
                                      • rman_55976
                                        Message 20 of 23 , Dec 5, 2014
                                          I have a Garmin Nuvi 2595 (software version 8.20) connected to a Tracker3 (build 56476) with a FMI45 cable.  I am able to send and receive messages from the Nuvi over the radio, so communication in both directions seems to be functional between all components.  I am also able to see my position reports sent from this setup appearing on APRS.fi.

                                          However, I do not have APRS stations displaying on the Nuvi map and I do not find stations in either "saved places" or "custom POIs".  I have connected an old Garmin eTrex Legend to the Tracker3 and stations appear on its map, so the Tracker3 is receiving packets from the radio and sending waypoints to the Garmin unit.

                                          Has anyone managed to resolve the waypoint issue with the Nuvi 2595?

                                          Thank you,
                                          Rob
                                          KD0FTJ

                                          Message 21 of 23 , Dec 6, 2014
                                            I don't have a 2xx5 here (or if I do I don't know where it wandered off
                                            to), but on other models it's under 'favorites'.

                                            Scott

                                            On 12/5/2014 5:21 PM, rman_55976@... [tracker2] wrote:
                                            > I have a Garmin Nuvi 2595 (software version 8.20) connected to a
                                            > Tracker3 (build 56476) with a FMI45 cable. I am able to send and
                                            > receive messages from the Nuvi over the radio, so communication in both
                                            > directions seems to be functional between all components. I am also
                                            > able to see my position reports sent from this setup appearing on APRS.fi.
                                            >
                                            > However, I do not have APRS stations displaying on the Nuvi map and I do
                                            > not find stations in either "saved places" or "custom POIs". I have
                                            > connected an old Garmin eTrex Legend to the Tracker3 and stations appear
                                            > on its map, so the Tracker3 is receiving packets from the radio and
                                            > sending waypoints to the Garmin unit.
                                            >

                                            > Has anyone managed to resolve the waypoint issue with the Nuvi 2595?
                                            >
                                            > Thank you,
                                            > Rob
                                            > KD0FTJ
                                            >

                                            > ---In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <oz2evp@...> wrote :
                                            >
                                            > It does something . i have seen one other APRS user who was driving
                                            > behind me .
                                            >
                                            > It came up as a marker with a blue cirkle arroud it . but in front of me .
                                            >
                                            > It is now going the right way now . But for some reason , i have lost
                                            > the favorites but have got a saved positions instead .
                                            >
                                            > Erik

                                          • rman_55976
                                            Message 22 of 23 , Dec 6, 2014

                                              I am not finding "Favorites", but I do have:

                                              1) "Saved Places" listed under "Dispatch"-->"Find Location"-->"Saved" and data stored in \GPX\Current.gpx.  These waypoints do not appear on the normal, navigation map unless they are specifically being navigated to.  These are waypoints saved from the device.

                                              2) "Custom POIs" data stored in \POI\poi.gpi.  I cannot find a place where these waypoints are listed, but they always appear on the normal, navigation map as small black squares with titles that are displayed by clicking on them.  I cannot find a way to save this type of waypoint from the device, but they can be uploaded to the device with the POI Loader (http://www.garmin.com/us/maps/poiloader).

                                              Either of these types of waypoints can be seen as blue dots on the map if navigation is left by clicking on and scrolling around on the map and then selecting the correct waypoint type from the pull-down menu in the upper-right.

                                              Do either of these waypoint types sound like they behave as a “Favorites” waypoint (the map display behavior of “Custom POIs” seems like it would be most useful for an APRS application)?  Does anyone know if the 2xx5s can also store waypoints as “Favorites” and how to enable it?

                                              Thank you,

                                              Rob

                                              KD0FTJ

                                              ---In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <scott@...> wrote :

                                              I don't have a 2xx5 here (or if I do I don't know where it wandered off
                                              to), but on other models it's under 'favorites'.

                                              Scott
                                            • james sanders
                                              Message 23 of 23 , Dec 10, 2014
                                                Garmin 350 works great, I seem to remember that being one of the only ones which will work.  My other garmin models do not work.
                                                73
                                                ag6if