OT3m and Raspberry pi

  • vk4led
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2014
      Howdy!

      Anyone had any luck with the OT3m and the raspberry pi?

      I'm considering purchasing the OT3m and using it with the pi. I currently have the pi running and working with the soundmodem but I would like the RF ability for future use (rather than just as an igate)

      Does it work with the USB on both the Pi and the Tracker 3?

      Any setup tips or tricks?

      Does it actually work and interface ok? Not sure of which program to use as yet, but more wanting to seek thoughts if others have had luck in getting it working.

      Any thoughts, suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

      Cheers
      Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 13, 2014
        I haven't used it extensively, but it works just fine. Plug it in and
        it shows up as /dev/ttyACM-something.

        If you're running it bus powered, be aware that the voltage drop from
        hot-plugging the tracker may cause the pi to reboot, depending on your
        power supply.

        Scott

        On 1/12/2014 3:03 PM, vk4led@... wrote:
        > Howdy!
        >

        > Anyone had any luck with the OT3m and the raspberry pi?
        >
        > I'm considering purchasing the OT3m and using it with the pi. I
        > currently have the pi running and working with the soundmodem but I
        > would like the RF ability for future use (rather than just as an igate)
        >
        > Does it work with the USB on both the Pi and the Tracker 3?
        >
        > Any setup tips or tricks?
        >
        > Does it actually work and interface ok? Not sure of which program to use
        > as yet, but more wanting to seek thoughts if others have had luck in
        > getting it working.
        >
        > Any thoughts, suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Dave

      • vk4led
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 14, 2014

          Thanks a millions for your assistance

          Good point on the power supply issue for the tracker/RPI

          Anyone else have experience/tips/suggestions with the OT3 (or any tracker?) and the RPI?

          Cheers