RE: [tracker2] Hamhud and Tracker 2

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
      Yeah, I can add a command for that.  Converse mode should work the same as a TNC2 clone.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
        The T2 is doing CTS/RTS flow control, not XON/XOFF.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
          Ok all this talk makes me want to build one now lol. I'd like to breadboard one and play with it if nothing else until the two of them play together nicely. Sounds like it's in the works ;)

          Jason, can you contact me off list with a valid email? I had some questions about assembling one of these.....

          My email address is stephen.brown75@...

          tnx and 73's
          Stephen
          K1LNX

        • Mark Miller
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
            Is hardware flow control configurable on a T2 or is it on all of the time?
            73,
            Mark N5RFX

            At 11:31 AM 4/12/2007, you wrote:

            >The T2 is doing CTS/RTS flow control, not XON/XOFF.
            >
            >Scott
          • Jason Rausch
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
              Stephen, below is a cross post I made on the HamHUD
              SIG. This pretty much explains the status of the
              project and kit availability...

              --- Start Copy ---

              Last night my local club (Virginia Beach ARC) had a
              "Show and Tell"
              meeting. We were asked to bring in any little projects
              we have been
              working on to show off. I had several little things I
              have been
              working on for RPC, but natually I had to show
              somthing off with the
              HamHUD. I brought in the breakout board that I have
              been showing off
              for a few months now. Keep in mind that I was showing
              this to a
              fairly green APRS group, most had never seen working
              APRS, let alone
              a HamHUD (or heard of it for that matter).

              I immediately got questions of "How can I get a
              kit???".

              Which brings me to question...is there anyone else out
              there looking
              for a kit? The residual kit inventory left from Dayton
              has been
              exhausted, but I do however still have many PCBs
              on-hand. There is a
              local interest here for kits, as well as a small group
              at Virginia
              Tech looking for kits. I am considering a third
              kitting to get the
              rest of the boards out there. This would be a small
              kitting and the
              price would vary on that number. The main issue is
              getting the cases
              from Hammond. If there is enough demand, I might be
              able to order a
              small batch of the custom cases for the kits.

              --- End Copy ---

              I think that if we can getthe T2 working reliably with
              the HamHUD, there would be another surge of kit
              requests.

              wrote:

              > Ok all this talk makes me want to build one now lol.
              > I'd like to breadboard
              > one and play with it if nothing else until the two
              > of them play together
              > nicely. Sounds like it's in the works ;)
              >
              > Jason, can you contact me off list with a valid
              > email? I had some questions
              > about assembling one of these.....
              >
              > My email address is stephen.brown75@...
              >
              > tnx and 73's
              > Stephen
              > K1LNX
              >

              > On 4/12/07, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yeah, I can add a command for that. Converse
              > mode should work the same
              > > as a TNC2 clone.
              > >
              > > Scott

            • 'Scott Miller'
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
                For the regular T2, you can set BMODE to FLOW and the second serial port is sacrificed for flow control.  The T2-135 has the second serial port on the front panel and the Dallas 1-wire bus shares the CTS line, so you turn on flow control by setting 1WIRE OFF.

                Scott