RE: [tracker2] Hamhud and Tracker 2

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
      Really?  It doesn't take a lot more than command mode.  In fact, it's easier to do some things like skip digipeater fields since they're fixed-length.  He's welcome to take a look at my KISS and AX.25 code if it'd help.  My KISS decoder is a simple finite state machine that handles the escaping and such on the fly.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
        Yeah, I can add a command for that.  Converse mode should work the same as a TNC2 clone.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
          The T2 is doing CTS/RTS flow control, not XON/XOFF.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
            Ok all this talk makes me want to build one now lol. I'd like to breadboard one and play with it if nothing else until the two of them play together nicely. Sounds like it's in the works ;)

            Jason, can you contact me off list with a valid email? I had some questions about assembling one of these.....

            My email address is stephen.brown75@...

            tnx and 73's
            Stephen
            K1LNX

          • Mark Miller
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
              Is hardware flow control configurable on a T2 or is it on all of the time?
              73,
              Mark N5RFX

              At 11:31 AM 4/12/2007, you wrote:

              >The T2 is doing CTS/RTS flow control, not XON/XOFF.
              >
              >Scott
            • Jason Rausch
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
                Stephen, below is a cross post I made on the HamHUD
                SIG. This pretty much explains the status of the
                project and kit availability...

                --- Start Copy ---

                Last night my local club (Virginia Beach ARC) had a
                "Show and Tell"
                meeting. We were asked to bring in any little projects
                we have been
                working on to show off. I had several little things I
                have been
                working on for RPC, but natually I had to show
                somthing off with the
                HamHUD. I brought in the breakout board that I have
                been showing off
                for a few months now. Keep in mind that I was showing
                this to a
                fairly green APRS group, most had never seen working
                APRS, let alone
                a HamHUD (or heard of it for that matter).

                I immediately got questions of "How can I get a
                kit???".

                Which brings me to question...is there anyone else out
                there looking
                for a kit? The residual kit inventory left from Dayton
                has been
                exhausted, but I do however still have many PCBs
                on-hand. There is a
                local interest here for kits, as well as a small group
                at Virginia
                Tech looking for kits. I am considering a third
                kitting to get the
                rest of the boards out there. This would be a small
                kitting and the
                price would vary on that number. The main issue is
                getting the cases
                from Hammond. If there is enough demand, I might be
                able to order a
                small batch of the custom cases for the kits.

                --- End Copy ---

                I think that if we can getthe T2 working reliably with
                the HamHUD, there would be another surge of kit
                requests.

                wrote:

                > Ok all this talk makes me want to build one now lol.
                > I'd like to breadboard
                > one and play with it if nothing else until the two
                > of them play together
                > nicely. Sounds like it's in the works ;)
                >
                > Jason, can you contact me off list with a valid
                > email? I had some questions
                > about assembling one of these.....
                >
                > My email address is stephen.brown75@...
                >
                > tnx and 73's
                > Stephen
                > K1LNX
                >

                > On 4/12/07, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yeah, I can add a command for that. Converse
                > mode should work the same
                > > as a TNC2 clone.
                > >
                > > Scott

              • 'Scott Miller'
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 12, 2007
                  For the regular T2, you can set BMODE to FLOW and the second serial port is sacrificed for flow control.  The T2-135 has the second serial port on the front panel and the Dallas 1-wire bus shares the CTS line, so you turn on flow control by setting 1WIRE OFF.

                  Scott