Tracker 3 OT3m Not Responding

  • qrv@kd4e.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 21, 2013
      I was reviewing my OT3m settings so I sent DISPLAY.

      It showed all but about the last 25 settings.

      I entered the missing ones separately to get the settings.

      When I came to USBKISS I thought I recalled somewhere it
      should be on, so I toggled it on.

      I then lost communication with the OT3m.

      I reset Minicom, no joy.

      I rebooted the computer, no joy.

      I disconnected & reconnected power to the OT3m, no joy.

      What do I need to do, please?

      Thanks!

      --

      Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

      David (never Dave) Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

      Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com

    • qrv@kd4e.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 21, 2013
        Grabbed an old netbook with a MS version of windows,
        copied otwincfg.exe and 0t2.s19 to it and opened
        otwincfg.

        I have a USB cable plugged in but only COM ports are
        offered as selections.

        How do I get otwincfg to see the USB to the OT3m, please?

        --

        Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

        David (never Dave) Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

        Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com

      • Jason KG4WSV
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 21, 2013

          On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM, qrv@... <qrv@...> wrote:
          I have a USB cable plugged in but only COM ports are
          offered as selections.

          The OT3m effectively has a built-in USB to RS232 adapter, so it will show up as a COM port.

          How do I get otwincfg to see the USB to the OT3m, please?

          go here

          and scroll down to "drivers" (bottom of the page) for files/instructions if you haven't already installed the drivers.

          -Jason
          kg4wsv
        • qrv@kd4e.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 21, 2013
            I was there and grabbed t3-56398.s19 Tracker3 firmware April 16, 2013
            and ArgentUSB.zip

            This computer runs WinXP and not Win7, took a chance and discovered that
            I could use the Win7 driver.

            (Every rare occasion I am forced to deal with anything from MS I am
            reminded why I switched to Linux so long ago ... don't even talk to
            me about Apple. Rant Mode Off)

            Anyhow, got the control screen. Let's see what I can break in there ...

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 21, 2013
              When in otwincfg --> Tuning/Diagnostics does the
              PTT button actually send a TX signal with tone to
              a connected rig or only simulate that by lighting
              the light on the OT3m?

              --

              Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com

              David (never Dave) Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA

              Safe & Secure Search Engine: duckduckgo.com

            • Bob Burns W9BU
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 21, 2013
                It sends the PTT signal to the radio. The radio should go into transmit mode
                when you select the PTT button in OTWinCfg. Once the PTT button is selected,
                you'll then need to select either, or both, of the tone buttons to actually
                get audio sent to the radio's modulator.

                Bob...