Re: Small Affordable Self-Contained APRS?

  • wellmanl
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 21, 2013
      Look at http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=T3-Micro

      12v to usb for power. Make your own cable to radio of choice

      I have a discontinued http://www.byonics.com/mt-8000fa that does the
      same job but needs a gps puck and antenna

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "qrv@..." <qrv@...> wrote:

      > If I needed a small affordable self-contained APRS device
      > to mount somewhat-stealth on a vehicle or a trailer (so
      > hait's unlikely to be stolen or vandalized) what would that
      > be?
      >
      > In one app (a sedan) I can probably use a taped-on glass
      > antenna which would blend with an existing rear-window
      > antenna - then put the gear under the rear deck near the
      > speakers & grab 12vdc from wires in the trunk area.
      >
      > In the other apps I'd need to be somewhat more creative.
      >
      > WDYT?
      >

      > --
      >
      > Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
      >
      > David Colburn - Nevils, Georgia USA
      >
      > Search with: duckduckgo.com

      > Creative Tech: groups.yahoo.com/group/ham-macguyver
      > Raspi Alternative: groups.yahoo.com/group/beagleboneblack/
      >
      > Restored to design-spec at Heaven's gate 1Cor15:22

    • Javen O'Neal
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 7, 2013

        > Will you include a GPS?

        The T3 micro has a built-in GPS receiver. Perhaps you're thinking of the T3 mini, which requires an external GPS receiver.