T2-135 beta board available

  • 'Scott Miller'
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 2, 2007
      I've got about 10 of these things ready to go:

      https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55

      This is the internal version for the Alinco DR-135T. Or the DR-135TP, if
      you throw out the Alinco TNC. Which is not really a bad idea.

      Decode performance on these has actually been the best of any T2's I've
      tested so far, probably due to the fact that they're connected directly to
      the radio's discriminator and don't have any de-emphasis applied. I'm
      really pretty happy with them.

      I'm offering these to move the beta test along, and to defray the
      prototyping costs. Until I get a final PCB ready and set up automated
      production I won't be offering many of them, though. For now, they're all
      hand assembled, and it's a little tedious. I've gotten pretty good with the
      tweezers, though. Of course, now my kids won't ever play me at Operation.

      I haven't written up installation instructions yet, but it's the same as for
      the EJ-41U. Unscrew the bottom panel, unplug the multi-colored cable, plug
      in the board, plug the cable into the board, stick it to the VCO with the
      Velcro stuff (ok, it's 3M dual-lock) and close it up again.

      I've also made up a few Deluo adapters for the DR-135. I'm short on the GPS
      receivers, though, or I'd be offering them as package deals. I'll do that
      when the next batch comes in, if there are any boards left by then.

      73,

      Scott
    • Joel Maslak
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 2, 2007
        On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

        > I've got about 10 of these things ready to go:

        You still owe me one for the built in TNC I sent you, I believe. :)

        Joel Maslak
        2201 S. 15th, #5
        Laramie, WY 82070
      • 'Scott Miller'
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 2, 2007
          Yeah, I do - was planning to send that out in the morning, with a couple of other obligations.  The address label has been sitting right here on my desk all along, waiting for a completed unit to send.

          Scott

          On Apr 2, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

          > I've got about 10 of these things ready to go:

          You still owe me one for the built in TNC I sent you, I believe. :)

          Joel Maslak
          2201 S. 15th, #5
          Laramie, WY 82070

        • Jon
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
            Excellent

            I've ordered 3 as we have three Alinco's DR-135T's,
            I'll dig around the archives for GPS connection/power
            info.

            Regards
            John

            --- 'Scott Miller' <scott@...> wrote:

            > I've got about 10 of these things ready to go:

            https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55

            > This is the internal version for the Alinco DR-135T.
            > Or the DR-135TP, if
            > you throw out the Alinco TNC. Which is not really a
            > bad idea.
            >
            > Decode performance on these has actually been the
            > best of any T2's I've
            > tested so far, probably due to the fact that they're
            > connected directly to
            > the radio's discriminator and don't have any
            > de-emphasis applied. I'm
            > really pretty happy with them.
            >
            > I'm offering these to move the beta test along, and
            > to defray the
            > prototyping costs. Until I get a final PCB ready
            > and set up automated
            > production I won't be offering many of them, though.
            > For now, they're all
            > hand assembled, and it's a little tedious. I've
            > gotten pretty good with the
            > tweezers, though. Of course, now my kids won't ever
            > play me at Operation.
            >
            > I haven't written up installation instructions yet,
            > but it's the same as for
            > the EJ-41U. Unscrew the bottom panel, unplug the
            > multi-colored cable, plug
            > in the board, plug the cable into the board, stick
            > it to the VCO with the
            > Velcro stuff (ok, it's 3M dual-lock) and close it up
            > again.
            >
            > I've also made up a few Deluo adapters for the
            > DR-135. I'm short on the GPS
            > receivers, though, or I'd be offering them as
            > package deals. I'll do that
            > when the next batch comes in, if there are any
            > boards left by then.
            >
            > 73,

            All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
          • Clay Jackson
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
              I just clicked the link and it came back 'product not found' - I take
              it that means I missed the boat :-( ?

              Thanks!

              Clay
              N7QNM

              On Apr 2, 2007, at 9:54 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

              > I've got about 10 of these things ready to go:
              >
              > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=55
              >
              > This is the internal version for the Alinco DR-135T. Or the
              > DR-135TP, if
              > you throw out the Alinco TNC. Which is not really a bad idea.
              >
              > Decode performance on these has actually been the best of any T2's
              > I've
              > tested so far, probably due to the fact that they're connected
              > directly to
              > the radio's discriminator and don't have any de-emphasis applied. I'm
              > really pretty happy with them.
              >
              > I'm offering these to move the beta test along, and to defray the
              > prototyping costs. Until I get a final PCB ready and set up automated
              > production I won't be offering many of them, though. For now,
              > they're all
              > hand assembled, and it's a little tedious. I've gotten pretty good
              > with the
              > tweezers, though. Of course, now my kids won't ever play me at
              > Operation.
              >
              > I haven't written up installation instructions yet, but it's the
              > same as for
              > the EJ-41U. Unscrew the bottom panel, unplug the multi-colored
              > cable, plug
              > in the board, plug the cable into the board, stick it to the VCO
              > with the
              > Velcro stuff (ok, it's 3M dual-lock) and close it up again.
              >
              > I've also made up a few Deluo adapters for the DR-135. I'm short
              > on the GPS
              > receivers, though, or I'd be offering them as package deals. I'll
              > do that
              > when the next batch comes in, if there are any boards left by then.
              >
              > 73,

            • 'Scott Miller'
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
                Yeah, afraid that batch went in about 8 hours!

                Scott

                I just clicked the link and it came back 'product not found' - I take
                it that means I missed the boat :-( ?

                Thanks!

                Clay
                N7QNM

                On Apr 2, 2007, at 9:54 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

                > I've got about 10 of these things ready to go:
                >
                > https://www. argentdata. com/catalog/ product_info. php?products_ id=55
                >
                > This is the internal version for the Alinco DR-135T. Or the
                > DR-135TP, if
                > you throw out the Alinco TNC. Which is not really a bad idea.
                >
                > Decode performance on these has actually been the best of any T2's
                > I've
                > tested so far, probably due to the fact that they're connected
                > directly to
                > the radio's discriminator and don't have any de-emphasis applied. I'm
                > really pretty happy with them.
                >
                > I'm offering these to move the beta test along, and to defray the
                > prototyping costs. Until I get a final PCB ready and set up automated
                > production I won't be offering many of them, though. For now,
                > they're all
                > hand assembled, and it's a little tedious. I've gotten pretty good
                > with the
                > tweezers, though. Of course, now my kids won't ever play me at
                > Operation.
                >
                > I haven't written up installation instructions yet, but it's the
                > same as for
                > the EJ-41U. Unscrew the bottom panel, unplug the multi-colored
                > cable, plug
                > in the board, plug the cable into the board, stick it to the VCO
                > with the
                > Velcro stuff (ok, it's 3M dual-lock) and close it up again.
                >
                > I've also made up a few Deluo adapters for the DR-135. I'm short
                > on the GPS
                > receivers, though, or I'd be offering them as package deals. I'll
                > do that
                > when the next batch comes in, if there are any boards left by then.
                >
                > 73,

              • Curt, WE7U
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
                  On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, 'Scott Miller' wrote:

                  > Yeah, afraid that batch went in about 8 hours!

                  Terrible problem to have, isn't it Scott?

                  So, I keep hearing about the T2-135's...

                  Time for me to ask again about T2 standalone TNC's and T2 S/M TNC's:
                  Those are the ones _I_ want to see produced. I want something that
                  will work portable in the woods, and perhaps something that will
                  work as a TNC in the comm van.

                  How did the 6W radio + T2 board thing come out? That's another
                  configuration of interest.

                  Don't mean to put you on the spot, but "expiring" minds want to
                  know...

                • 'Scott Miller'
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
                    Working on all of those as fast as I can.  I'm stuck in El Segundo today, though.  Got other projects to get done before Dayton, too.

                    Scott

                    --
                    Curt, WE7U. APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo. com/~archer
                    "Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. " -- WE7U

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
                      You know Curt, I'm starting to think that Scott is more into Sales than Design and Engineering... He sure is good at driving up the demand for a product launch! 8)

                      I guess his parents never taught him that it's not nice to tease!

                    • Keri Morgret
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
                        As his sister, I second that opinion! (but not too loudly, since I'm
                        going to be visiting him this weekend and need a place to stay).

                        Keri
                        N6TME

                        At 04:24 PM 4/10/2007, you wrote:
                        >You know Curt, I'm starting to think that Scott is more into Sales
                        >than Design and Engineering... He sure is good at driving up the
                        >demand for a product launch! 8)
                        >
                        >I guess his parents never taught him that it's not nice to tease!
                        >
                        >James
                        >VE6SRV
                      • 'Scott Miller'
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
                          Maybe I'll make it like Google's gmail beta, where you can only get one by invitation.  =]

                          I'm just swamped right now.  I'm trying to get everything ready (or at least, a few things ready) for Dayton, and I'm moving to a new house next week.  And spending time out of town on business, which doesn't help.  Time to get back to packing kits right now, though... some of the backordered stuff just came in.

                          Scott

                          You know Curt, I'm starting to think that Scott is more into Sales than Design and Engineering. .. He sure is good at driving up the demand for a product launch! 8)

                          I guess his parents never taught him that it's not nice to tease!

                        • Ronny Julian
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
                            Then we can sell the invites on eBay! ;)

                            'Scott Miller' wrote:

                            > Maybe I'll make it like Google's gmail beta, where you can only get
                            > one by invitation. =]
                            >
                            > I'm just swamped right now. I'm trying to get everything ready (or at
                            > least, a few things ready) for Dayton, and I'm moving to a new house
                            > next week. And spending time out of town on business, which doesn't
                            > help. Time to get back to packing kits right now, though... some of
                            > the backordered stuff just came in.

                          • Larry Simon
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 10, 2007
                              I will just wait for my invitation ;)