RE: Can the Digital IO Pin on terminal block handle 15V input?

  • roj_blake42
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16 8:19 PM

      Great, thanks Scott

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <scott@...> wrote:

      You shouldn't push it past 5v.  You might be able to get away with it if you put a sufficiently large resistor in series to limit the injection current, but 15v is still a lot.  You could use a pair of resistors as a voltage divider, or you could use the 15v signal to close a relay.

      Scott

      On 9/16/2013 3:26 PM, roj_blake42@... wrote:

      Hi Group,

      will I damage the digital IO pin (pin 8 on the OT3 terminal block) if I feed it with 15volts?

      I am using the digital IO pin to control profile switching and want to switch the jumper setting ON/OFF using a 15V input. I just wanted to make sure that this would not damage the tracker?

      Thanks

      Roj