T3-135 USB cable

  • mike95826
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2013
      It appears that the included USB cable just isn't quite right for the application.
      When I put the board in the suggested location, the cable was too short to extend out near the speaker jack. When I twisted the board by 45 degrees to make the cable fit, the board must have contacted something in the radio which made the radio transmit by itself intermittantly. What is needed is a cable just a few millimeters longer with a right angle USB mini-B connector in the correct orientation to connect to the TNC with the cable running to the left toward the speaker jack.

      Mike
      KT6MJ
    • Bob Burns W9BU
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
        At 08:59 PM 9/15/2013, mike95826@... wrote:

        >It appears that the included USB cable just isn't quite right for
        >the application.

        I agree and I posted the same concern about 4 months ago.

        The StarTech USB2HABM3RA cable has the necessary connectors, though
        it's 3 feet long. I bought one from NewEgg, but they are currently
        out of stock.

        Bob...
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2013
          What version of the DR-135 do you have? And can you send a picture?
          You do have to angle the board a bit, but I haven't had a problem with it.

          I remember doing a new board layout that was about 1/3 smaller and had
          the USB connector on the side, but I can't remember what happened to it
          - I think I had some prototypes produced, but it's been a while. I'll
          have to check into that.

          Scott