Re: [tracker2] Decoding HF packets

  • Bill Vodall
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2013
      > Yes I should be more clear for 300 bps packets on SSB. So the answer is currently won't do packet decode.
      > Very timely, as I was thinking of just try one on the bench. Now off to plan B with SoundModem on Linux.

      It's not quite the same as using the Tracker to decode the HF packets,
      but FYI - there's some good development on the sound card modems
      (UZ7HO, DIER WOLF.) They are now providing multiple receivers to
      compensate for the off frequency transmissions as well as fixing bit
      errors.

      Bill, WA7NWP
    • caanuck
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 8, 2014
        Scott,
        The ability to decode hf would be on my wish list as well.

        I like the ability to use the garmin nuvi 350 as a messaging interface on 2m and together with the tracker t3 mini this could work on hf as well.

        Using APRS I can send and receive position updates, send and receive email, do radio to radio messaging and more. To be able to add this to any hf radio with the t3, an Fmi cable and a 60$ nuvi would be fantastic.

        The alternative is a laptop and cables, or a laptop plus pactor modem, or ?? All costing pretty big dollars.

        Should we start a poll?

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 10, 2014

            > Using APRS I can send and receive position updates, send and receive email, do radio to radio messaging and more. To be able to add this to any hf radio with the t3, an Fmi cable and a 60$ nuvi would be fantastic.
            >
            > The alternative is a laptop and cables, or a laptop plus pactor modem, or ?? All costing pretty big dollars.

            If you have the computer, Raspberry PI or better, the software
            alternatives are getting better and the price is right..

            - http://home.comcast.net/~wb2osz/site/
            - http://uz7.ho.ua/packetradio.htm

            Bill