Re: [tracker2] Newbee questions Devlist and ds18s20

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9, 2013
      And of the OpenTracker USB / T2 / T3 series will support a 1-wire
      temperature sensors on the 1-wire bus. EXTTEMP and DEVLIST are accessed
      from the cmd: prompt - see the manual for details. You just need a
      terminal emulator program like PuTTY. There's also an 'external'
      checkbox in the latest otwincfg program by the 'temperature' box that
      does the same thing.

      Scott

      On 9/7/2013 11:34 AM, mike@... wrote:
      > I wish to install a 1wire ds18S20 and I cannot find out how.
      > Can I simply install the DS18S20 on the front of the OT and it will
      > detect automatically and insert the external temp data in the comment
      > field? Or do I need to create a script?
      >
      > I see in some of the treads a cmd:devlist, however I cannot find how to
      > do this and from what scree or software.
      >
      > Last question is EXTEMP is mentioned, where do I find this or turn it on?
      >
      > I hope these are not so basic questions that I seem ingnorant
      >
      > Mike,
      > VE7MMG

    • ve7mmg
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 12, 2013

        Thanks I get it now.

        The Telemetry reads TELEM: 138 000 000 000 000, 138 is the supply voltage, that's OK.

        Can I get the internal Temp sensor to appear in the Telemetry?

        If I read correctly the DS18S20 it's data in only viewable in Comment not in Telemetry.

        On 9/7/2013 11:34 AM, mike@... wrote:
        > I wish to install a 1wire ds18S20 and I cannot find out how.
        > Can I simply install the DS18S20 on the front of the OT and it will
        > detect automatically and insert the external temp data in the comment
        > field? Or do I need to create a script?
        >
        > I see in some of the treads a cmd:devlist, however I cannot find how to
        > do this and from what scree or software.
        >
        > Last question is EXTEMP is mentioned, where do I find this or turn it on?
        >
        > I hope these are not so basic questions that I seem ingnorant
        >
        > Mike,
        > VE7MMG

      • Fred Hillhouse
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 12, 2013
          You need to use a LM335 if you want temp in the telemetry. Verify the part number. I am going from memory.

          Best regards,
          Fred N7FMH

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 13, 2013
            > Can I get the internal Temp sensor to appear in the Telemetry?

            Not presently. It's on my to-do list to figure out a good way to allow
            the user to assign all of the telemetry fields.

            Scott
          • kenmc6922
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2014

              Hi Mike

              On my OT3m I have it connected to the 1wire, 5vdc and ground. TEMP off, EXTTEMP on, 1WIREWX on

              TEMP

              EXTTEMP

              1WIREWX -- are commands that can be accessed through a terminal program on a com port just like a KPC

              http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FVA6KM-12&timerange=3600&tail=3600

              It is showing most times in the comments and I have a script

              On Second

                 increment Counter 1

                 if counter 1 = 300

                    exec "cmd wxinfo"

                 End Block

              Seems to work, still testing

              Ken

              VA6KM

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 1, 2014

                All the commands including devlist are accessible with a terminal emulator program like puTTY

                Ken

                VA6KM