Re: [tracker2] High Power Rocketry and APRS?

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2013

      On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Joe Krout <jkrout@...> wrote:
      Another question, does the T3 micro have I/O capability like the mini board?

      Define "I/O capability".  The answer is probably no - its only connectors are USB and audio.  It is designed for direct computer attachment.  It doesn't have any sort of locking connectors (e.g. DB9 with screws instead of friction fit headphone jack/USB) nor does it have mounting holes.  I don't think it is really suitable for flight hardware, but it would fit right in as part of your ground station.

      The mini would be OK for flight.  I'm thinking of redesigning our balloon tracker around it (instead of the traditional DB9 dongle package - the current incarnation being the OT USB).  While the mini lacks mounting holes, there are enough pins so you can secure it to a PCB that is in turn securely attached to the structure.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
    • Joe Krout
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2013

        Thanks Jason
        I see now that the micro does not have the extra data inputs of the mini.

        Perhaps Scott can find room in the next version for mounting holes.

        I don't recall if you mentioned what brand of altimeter you are using with the arduino/radio shield.

        Thanks for your input,
        Joe W0PWJ

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2013

          On Sep 5, 2013, at 1:00 PM, Joe Krout <jkrout@...> wrote:

          I don't recall if you mentioned what brand of altimeter you are using with the arduino/radio shield.

          It's a Freescale barometric pressure sensor, MPX4000 series IIRC (same one used on the perfectflite altimeter, only in a DIP package).

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2013
            > Another question, does the T3 micro have I/O capability like the mini board?

            All of the inputs on the MCU still exist, but on the micro they're not
            wired to anything. You'd have to solder straight to the MCU's pins.