T3-Micro

  • wellmanl
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
      Has anyone found anything to house the micro other than
      tape or maybe shrink wrap?
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2013
        I'm still experimenting on this end.  I've had some luck casting and machining urethane resin for thin-wall parts, but the process is too slow for production.  Some day I might get an injection mold made, but that would be a minimum of about $4000 for this project.

        Scott

        On 8/16/2013 5:47 PM, wellmanl wrote:

        Has anyone found anything to house the micro other than
        tape or maybe shrink wrap?

      • kb1tce
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2013
          I am using the housing from a fried USB DVB-T/RTL-SDR receiver dongle that I got from an eBay seller last year. It's long enough that the board and plug (without the plug's shell) will fit. The original antenna connector hole is in the end opposite the USB connector. I put a rubber grommet in this to pass the wire that goes to the radio. To keep everything in place I can use a piece of foam inserted in the empty space beside the plug. There are a number of holes in the housing so it's easy to see the light from the LED.

          I haven't yet wired the plug but it makes a nice assembly. I'm using a USB battery to power the thing when it's not connected to a computer.

          Steve KB1TCE

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2014
            Scott,

            I tried loading the firmware from the web into my T3-Micro yesterday
            and ran into a problem. It complained of an invalid address. I grabbed
            the file from the firmware directory and it loaded up just fine. The
            web file might be corrupted somehow.

            I tried 3 times and got the same results.