Re: [tracker2] T3 - Path for Telemetry

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 16, 2013
      On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Chuck Kimball <n0nhj@...> wrote:

      I've got a T3-301 at a remote site that has to use a digi to be heard by
      an Igate.

      How can I configure it to use a specific path for those telemetry packets?
      I see one option of using a script to set a path, but don't see the
      command to send the telemetry packet.

      Or is there a way to make sure that the telemetry packet is sent with a
      specific profile (the one that includes a path of WIDE2-2)?

      Just ensure that you are using a 1 hop path when the telemetry packet is sent. Since you are only a single hop from the i-gate, WIDE2-1 would be sufficient to get the packet heard at the i-gate.

      The OT line supports BEACON W to force a weather packet, and BEACON P to force a position packet, but it doesn't look like it supports a BEACON T concept.

      You can configure the OT to use alternating paths, which will allow you to set up two paths, one in each profile, and it will alternate which path is being used upon transmission. The path doesn't appear to change on each transmission, but rather when a position packet is sent. So if you send a position packet every 10 minutes using alternating paths, and send telemetry every 2 transmissions, your telemetry will use the same path as the last position packet, which would mean telemetry is always using the same path even though the position reports use alternating paths.

      You can change paths using scripts as well, but excessive use of path changes via scripting can wear out the memory on the chip. I'm not sure you could keep the script path changes in sync with the telemetry packets... you probably can, but I haven't looked close enough to study the problem.