Tracker 3 - how does it decode packets?

  • ve7ltd
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2013
      If I recall correctly, there is an Equalization jumper on my tracker 2 that adds de-emphasis to the audio (if running discriminator audio into the tracker). It is hard to

      But I notice that the tracker 3 lacks that circuitry.

      I am sure the DSP in the processor can handle many different levels, etc, but what I am wondering if there is an issue running raw discriminator audio into a T3 mini, versus processed speaker audio.

      If I used speaker audio, I have to ensure that the volume level is not changed. This will be installed inside a handheld radio (moto MT2000), and placed at a very remote site, where I just know someone will play with the knobs....

      Dave Cameron
    • Fred Hillhouse
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2013
        Mine is currently connected to the 9600 data port on a Yaesu FT1500M. Works great!

        Best regards,
        Fred N7FMH

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2013
          Yes, that is a discriminator output... I guess the only issue is that the high tone of the pair is twice as loud as the low tone. That is why I wonder how the packets are decoded.

          I need to make the digi as "sensitive" as possible. This may involve some filtering of the discriminator audio to make it decode at its best.

          I am trying to use the APRS test CD as a benchmark, but it is proving quite hard.

          Dave