T3-Mini PTT_In

  • zl1vfo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2013
      This question might be for you, Scott...

      On the T3-Mini, there is a line on the MC9S08JM60 listed as PTG1/KB1 shown connected to label 'PTT_IN'
      http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/Mini-schematic.png

      Is it connected to anything so it can be utilised?
      In other words, does it 'come out somewhere'?
      And does the T3 software make use of it?

      I'm attempting to work out the logic behind making a radio switch channels from any voice channel to an APRS channel except when someone is already talking on the radio, and possibly if they are listening to an active channel too.
      There's a little bit more to it than what first meets the eye, esp allowing for PLL settling (an IN-LOCK-OUT output)

      de Ian ZL1VFO
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2013
        The software should still make use of it, but I don't think it's
        connected to anything on the mini.

        Scott

        On 8/4/2013 12:20 AM, zl1vfo wrote:
        > This question might be for you, Scott...
        >
        > On the T3-Mini, there is a line on the MC9S08JM60 listed as PTG1/KB1
        > shown connected to label 'PTT_IN'
        > http://wiki.argentdata.com/images/Mini-schematic.png
        >
        > Is it connected to anything so it can be utilised?
        > In other words, does it 'come out somewhere'?
        > And does the T3 software make use of it?
        >
        > I'm attempting to work out the logic behind making a radio switch
        > channels from any voice channel to an APRS channel except when someone
        > is already talking on the radio, and possibly if they are listening to
        > an active channel too.
        > There's a little bit more to it than what first meets the eye, esp
        > allowing for PLL settling (an IN-LOCK-OUT output)
        >
        > de Ian ZL1VFO

      • zl1vfo
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2013
          Thanks Scott,