Re: [tracker2] Re: DR-135 modification

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2 11:49 AM
      Excellent, thanks!

      Scott

      On 8/2/2013 12:19 AM, kg6bnl wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I put a post up about it here with pictures:
      > http://blog.catsheavy.com/2013/08/02/dr-135-tnc-5v-regulator-modification/
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      > -Ben (KG6BNL)

      > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Any chance you could take a picture or two of your mod?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Scott

    • kg6bnl
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2013

        Hi,

        In case anyone else was doing this mod, it turns out that the input to the 7808 is probably not the best place to steal power from for the regulator. It turns out it's fed through a transistor Q122, which went out on my board at some point after doing the mod. Probably better to get the input to the regulator from some other place.

        -Ben (KG6BNL)