Re: [tracker2] t2-135 locked tx

  • ve6srv
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 23, 2013
      Transmit with PTT is not a SmartBeacon setting. It would actually defeat SmartBeaconing.

      That's besides the point though. Check your PTT polarity settings. If the logic is reversed, then you would see the symptoms you are observing. Disconnect the PTT line and see if your stuck TX goes away.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 23, 2013
        Also, if you've already clicked 'connect' before you power up the radio,
        it will go straight into the config screen.

        Scott

        On 7/23/2013 6:17 AM, ve6srv@... wrote:
        > Transmit with PTT is not a SmartBeacon setting. It would actually defeat
        > SmartBeaconing.
        >
        > That's besides the point though. Check your PTT polarity settings. If
        > the logic is reversed, then you would see the symptoms you are
        > observing. Disconnect the PTT line and see if your stuck TX goes away.

      • jason Beyers
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 24, 2013
          ok, ive tried disconnecting the mic from the radio, no change. when i try
          to open otwincfg without t2 135 powered up i get "cant open serial port"
          and do not get to the configurating screen. If i try to connect with t2 135
          powered (and in transmit) it doesnt do anything at all, no error message or
          config screen, no matter how long i wait. I cant remember exactly the label
          of the setting i clicked, and cant open otwincfg to review, but it had to
          do with ptt, i was thinking this would transmit a burst when i push the
          ptt, as i was setting up an aprs system in the house and wanted to test.
          thanks for your help

          On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

          > Also, if you've already clicked 'connect' before you power up the radio,
          > it will go straight into the config screen.
          >
          > Scott
        • jason Beyers
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 24, 2013
            Ok, if i hold the ptt when powering up it does not go into transmit, i can
            release the ptt and it stays in data mode with no transmit, but i still
            cant seem to get the otwincfg to open, ive checked the com setting in
            device manager and open tracker com 5 shows there. this did work fine
            before i messed things up.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 24, 2013
              On 7/24/2013 4:35 AM, jason Beyers wrote:
              > ok, ive tried disconnecting the mic from the radio, no change. when i try
              > to open otwincfg without t2 135 powered up i get "cant open serial port"

              The cold boot function will only work with the serial port, not USB.

              Scott
            • jason Beyers
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 25, 2013
                hi scott, when it connects via serial port i get "unrecognized or invalid firmware detected"
                thanks jason

                On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

                > **
                > On 7/24/2013 4:35 AM, jason Beyers wrote:
                > > ok, ive tried disconnecting the mic from the radio, no change. when i try
                > > to open otwincfg without t2 135 powered up i get "cant open serial port"
                >
                > The cold boot function will only work with the serial port, not USB.
                >
                > Scott

              • jason Beyers
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 25, 2013
                  i did manage to get the config menu open, but when i tried to write i got "unable to program block 0x1f000" then "configuration write failed"

                  On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  > On 7/24/2013 4:35 AM, jason Beyers wrote:
                  > > ok, ive tried disconnecting the mic from the radio, no change. when i try
                  > > to open otwincfg without t2 135 powered up i get "cant open serial port"
                  >
                  > The cold boot function will only work with the serial port, not USB.
                  >
                  > Scott
                • zl1vfo
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 25, 2013
                    Try a different power supply (not a 9V battery) and see if that changes anything
                    -ZL1VFO

                    --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, jason Beyers <jason.e.beyers@...> wrote:

                    > i did manage to get the config menu open, but when i tried to write i got "unable to program block 0x1f000" then "configuration write failed"
                    >

                    > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > > On 7/24/2013 4:35 AM, jason Beyers wrote:
                    > > > ok, ive tried disconnecting the mic from the radio, no change. when i try
                    > > > to open otwincfg without t2 135 powered up i get "cant open serial port"
                    > >
                    > > The cold boot function will only work with the serial port, not USB.
                    > >
                    > > Scott

                  • jason Beyers
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 25, 2013
                      the t2-135 is an internal tnc for the alinco dr 135 and is powered from the radio via a small ribbon cable. the tnc does power up as i can see it  my device manager.

                      On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM, zl1vfo <zl1vfo@...> wrote:

                      Try a different power supply (not a 9V battery) and see if that changes anything
                      -ZL1VFO

                      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, jason Beyers <jason.e.beyers@...> wrote:

                      > i did manage to get the config menu open, but when i tried to write i got "unable to program block 0x1f000" then "configuration write failed"
                      >

                      > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **

                      > > On 7/24/2013 4:35 AM, jason Beyers wrote:
                      > > > ok, ive tried disconnecting the mic from the radio, no change. when i try
                      > > > to open otwincfg without t2 135 powered up i get "cant open serial port"
                      > >
                      > > The cold boot function will only work with the serial port, not USB.
                      > >
                      > > Scott

                    • jason Beyers
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 25, 2013
                        where do i download the firmware?

                        On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM, jason Beyers <jason.e.beyers@...> wrote:
                        the t2-135 is an internal tnc for the alinco dr 135 and is powered from the radio via a small ribbon cable. the tnc does power up as i can see it  my device manager.

                        On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM, zl1vfo <zl1vfo@...> wrote:

                        Try a different power supply (not a 9V battery) and see if that changes anything
                        -ZL1VFO

                        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, jason Beyers <jason.e.beyers@...> wrote:

                        > i did manage to get the config menu open, but when i tried to write i got "unable to program block 0x1f000" then "configuration write failed"
                        >

                        > On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > **

                        > > On 7/24/2013 4:35 AM, jason Beyers wrote:
                        > > > ok, ive tried disconnecting the mic from the radio, no change. when i try
                        > > > to open otwincfg without t2 135 powered up i get "cant open serial port"
                        > >
                        > > The cold boot function will only work with the serial port, not USB.
                        > >
                        > > Scott

                      • Fred Hillhouse
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 25, 2013
                          If you use OTWINCFG, it knows where to get it if you are connected to the
                          internet.

                          Or, https://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker3.html#support

                          With the internet connected, the latest will be available in case the above link does not have the latest revision.

                          Best regards,
                          Fred N7FMH
                          _____

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 29, 2013
                            Does it give any numbers with that? Make sure you've got a recent
                            version of otwincfg.

                            Scott