Re: OTUSB problems

  • ve6stp
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2013
      Hi Scott,

      Thank you again for the reply. Using the otwincfg app, I was able to connect via my serial port/null modem to the devices data port and "Erase device and load firmware" to restore the device to what appears to be a functional state.

      Upon firmware load and initial configuration through the otwincfg app, I was able to verify that the both the red and green LED works through the "Tuning/Diagnostics" section.

      After I wrote the config to the tracker and quit the program, the tracker seemed to be working as it was beaconing as expected.

      I noticed the green LED was not flashing however. Is it not supposed to flash to indicate it has GPS lock? I went back to the otwincfg / Tuning/Diagnostics section and was no longer able to get the green LED to light up.

      Have you run into this before? The firmware on the tracker is 56412.

      Thank you,
      Stephane

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 17, 2013
        If you can't get the green LED to light from the tuning/diagnostics
        screen, it could be a bad solder joint. The OTUSB uses an 0805 size
        bicolor LED and they're probably the most problematic part on the board
        when it comes to proper solder flow. If you're OK with taking a
        soldering iron to it, you can touch up the four connections at the
        corners of the LED. A bit of flux will help a lot. And of course
        you're always welcome to send it back here for repair.

        Scott