Re: [tracker2] T3-135 internal DR-135 TNC board

  • Randy Love
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
      However, I'm not sure that the T3-135 passes the control packets necessary for connected packet modes...

      And prior to that, I think it only accepted a small paclen, so if you sent it packets greater than about 128 chars, they would get lopped off, fail the crc, and never be received.

      I think that Scott was going to work on passing those control packets so the OT series was usable in connected packet modes, but not sure he completed/implemented it yet.

      Randy
      WF5X

      On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

      Ron N9SZV wrote...

      > Could I use this for running Win 2000 email software?

      I know that RMS Express can use a TNC in KISS mode, so
      the answer is probably yes.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
        I fixed the small packet problem. Last time I tried RMS Express it
        seemed to be making connections OK, but I don't have a node in range to
        properly test it with.

        Scott

        On 7/15/2013 2:54 PM, Randy Love wrote:
        > However, I'm not sure that the T3-135 passes the control packets
        > necessary for connected packet modes...
        >
        > And prior to that, I think it only accepted a small paclen, so if you
        > sent it packets greater than about 128 chars, they would get lopped off,
        > fail the crc, and never be received.
        >
        > I think that Scott was going to work on passing those control packets so
        > the OT series was usable in connected packet modes, but not sure he
        > completed/implemented it yet.
        >
        > Randy
        > WF5X
        >

        > On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...
        > <mailto:ve7gdh@...>> wrote:
        >
        > __
        >
        > Ron N9SZV wrote...
        >

        > > Could I use this for running Win 2000 email software?
        >
        > I know that RMS Express can use a TNC in KISS mode, so
        > the answer is probably yes.
        >
        > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

      • Ron N9SZV
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
          So do you think it would have enough memory to send a email? Thanks Scott...

          Ron N9SZV

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 17, 2013
            I don't think RMS Express sends packets larger than 255 bytes, so it
            should be OK.

            Scott