Re: [tracker2] T3-135 internal DR-135 TNC board

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
      Ron N9SZV wrote...

      > Could I use this for running Win 2000 email software?

      I know that RMS Express can use a TNC in KISS mode, so
      the answer is probably yes.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
        However, I'm not sure that the T3-135 passes the control packets necessary for connected packet modes...

        And prior to that, I think it only accepted a small paclen, so if you sent it packets greater than about 128 chars, they would get lopped off, fail the crc, and never be received.

        I think that Scott was going to work on passing those control packets so the OT series was usable in connected packet modes, but not sure he completed/implemented it yet.

        Randy
        WF5X

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
          I fixed the small packet problem. Last time I tried RMS Express it
          seemed to be making connections OK, but I don't have a node in range to
          properly test it with.

          Scott

          On 7/15/2013 2:54 PM, Randy Love wrote:
          > However, I'm not sure that the T3-135 passes the control packets
          > necessary for connected packet modes...
          >
          > And prior to that, I think it only accepted a small paclen, so if you
          > sent it packets greater than about 128 chars, they would get lopped off,
          > fail the crc, and never be received.
          >
          > I think that Scott was going to work on passing those control packets so
          > the OT series was usable in connected packet modes, but not sure he
          > completed/implemented it yet.
          >
          > Randy
          > WF5X
          >

          > On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...
          > <mailto:ve7gdh@...>> wrote:
          >
          > __
          >
          > Ron N9SZV wrote...
          >

          > > Could I use this for running Win 2000 email software?
          >
          > I know that RMS Express can use a TNC in KISS mode, so
          > the answer is probably yes.
          >
          > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

        • Ron N9SZV
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
            So do you think it would have enough memory to send a email? Thanks Scott...

            Ron N9SZV

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 17, 2013
              I don't think RMS Express sends packets larger than 255 bytes, so it
              should be OK.

              Scott