T3-135 internal DR-135 TNC board

  • Ron N9SZV
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
      Could I use this for running Win 2000 email software?

      Ron N9SZV
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
        Ron N9SZV wrote...

        > Could I use this for running Win 2000 email software?

        I know that RMS Express can use a TNC in KISS mode, so
        the answer is probably yes.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      • Randy Love
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15, 2013
          However, I'm not sure that the T3-135 passes the control packets necessary for connected packet modes...

          And prior to that, I think it only accepted a small paclen, so if you sent it packets greater than about 128 chars, they would get lopped off, fail the crc, and never be received.

          I think that Scott was going to work on passing those control packets so the OT series was usable in connected packet modes, but not sure he completed/implemented it yet.

          Randy
          WF5X

          Ron N9SZV wrote...

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
            I fixed the small packet problem. Last time I tried RMS Express it
            seemed to be making connections OK, but I don't have a node in range to
            properly test it with.

            Scott

            On 7/15/2013 2:54 PM, Randy Love wrote:
            > However, I'm not sure that the T3-135 passes the control packets
            > necessary for connected packet modes...
            >
            > And prior to that, I think it only accepted a small paclen, so if you
            > sent it packets greater than about 128 chars, they would get lopped off,
            > fail the crc, and never be received.
            >
            > I think that Scott was going to work on passing those control packets so
            > the OT series was usable in connected packet modes, but not sure he
            > completed/implemented it yet.
            >
            > Randy
            > WF5X
            >

            > On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...
            > <mailto:ve7gdh@...>> wrote:
            >
            > __
            >
            > Ron N9SZV wrote...
            >

            > > Could I use this for running Win 2000 email software?
            >
            > I know that RMS Express can use a TNC in KISS mode, so
            > the answer is probably yes.
            >
            > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

          • Ron N9SZV
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 16, 2013
              So do you think it would have enough memory to send a email? Thanks Scott...

              Ron N9SZV

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 17, 2013
                I don't think RMS Express sends packets larger than 255 bytes, so it
                should be OK.

                Scott