Re: [tracker2] Re: HELP...No APRS stations being received on the NUVI.

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 13, 2013
      On 7/13/2013 1:32 PM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
      > While a GTRANS cable would convert Garmin format to NMEA
      > it would actually have to be the FMI cable to output waypoints
      > to the Nuvi 350. The Nuvi would also have to be powered via
      > the cradle unless some internal rewiring is done.

      In addition to converting the Nuvi Garmin protocol to NMEA, the GTRANS
      also converts the NMEA waypoint outputs from the Kenwood radios to the
      required protocol to put them on the Nuvi screen.

      (and user of a GTRANS on my KJ4ERJ-11 D700)
    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 13, 2013
        Lynn IJ4ERJ wrote...

        > In addition to converting the Nuvi Garmin protocol to NMEA,
        > the GTRANS also converts the NMEA waypoint outputs from
        > the Kenwood radios to the required protocol to put them on
        > the Nuvi screen.

        Thanks for the update. That's good to know. I do actually have
        a GTRANS cable, but just got it for the sake of having one just in
        case it was ever needed.

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        www.ui-view.org
      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 13, 2013
          I said...

          > Lynn IJ4ERJ wrote...

          Sorry about that. I must have had PASSALL ON - hi! That should
          of course have been KJ4ERJ.

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH