Re: Packet collision avoidance and Telemetry Delay

  • Tony Komljanec
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10 9:15 PM
      Thanks for the response James.  I did search and find your previous discussion on this matter and how you resolved this telemetry issue.  Fortunately you have control over your area digi's and can modify the quiet time to receive both consecutive posit and telemetry messages from the OT2.

      I have to depend on 3 distant digi's controlled by others all in differnet directions, so no ability to modify them.  Since my digi is solar powered, I started this endevour at only 5W.  At that power the opportunity to get cobbered is very high.  I have a 30W mobile amp that I'll apply soon to improve my odds.

      From the raw received packets, it is evident that only the OT2 scripted and autonomous messages are getting through.  We can go days without any posit or telemetry packet being successful.  OT2 sends them out together and it seems neither gets received successfully.  Almost like any error in the entire stream of 2 packets will cause both to be lost.  I'll adjust this to do telemetry every other posit to see if more posits get through.  Won't help telemetry though.

      Ultimately, being able to trigger a telemetry packet from the OT2 script would resolve the issue.  Or placing a gap between consecutive packets sent by OT2.  Would Scott even consider this?  He has moved on to newer product.

      Regards,

      Tony K
      VE3TK