Re: [tracker2] USB to Serial Cable That Works!

  • ve3id
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2013
      I have found that all dongles that have either the genuine or fake prolific chips will work under linux, simply because the driver is open-source and if prolific released a driver with the DRM code it would blow the secret of their test wide open! In fact, I have several dongles that I recovered from garbage cans when windows users threw them out!

      I have used dongles with the FTDI chip for about 8 years and never had any problems when I have to use a windows system.

      btw, have you or anybody tried using otwincfg under wine+mono on a linux system? My tracker is in a remote boiler room running linux and I have not got around to going up there and testing it that way yet. I'd appreciate feedback/hints from anybody who has.

      73
      Nigel
      ve3id