Re: [tracker2] 1 GPS mouse feeding 2 x OTUSB?

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013

      On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Tom Crawford <tmcsail@...> wrote:
      Thing is the GPS outputs are NMEA which is only "sort of" RS232.

      Ah, didn't realize that NMEA was also an electrical specification.  I thought it was a protocol specification.

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013
        There's what the specs say, and what you can get away with doing.

        I doubt you'll find any recommendation in any automobile user manual
        for driving on 2 wheels on one side of the car, but you know there are
        people that will do it.

        Serial communications using the RS-232 specification protocol can be
        made to "talk" to multiple "listeners". You'll be hard pressed to find
        someone "official" tell you that you should do it, but it has been
        done successfully in the past, and will continue to be done in the
        future.

        --
        Sent from my mobile device