OT3 (Radio out) Pin 1 Audio out to Kenwood model TH-D7a MIC input question

  • kevinshea83
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2013
      I'm ready to connect the NUVI 350 , OT3 to my radio for the first time, but I need to make the cables...

      I think I have most of my questions answered thus far, but I have a question regarding where to connect pin 1 output to my MIC input on my Kenwood HT. I'm not sure if I should connect pin 1 to the tip or the middle of the stereo 3.5 plug.

      My manual indicates that the 3.5 plug "tip" has a note 1: "Voltage is developed across the 100 OHM resistor in the 3.5 V line in the transceiver. When 2 mA flows, approximately 3.3 V is developed."

      For the second (middle of 3.5 plug)

      Note2: "A 10 uF capacitor is not required in the following cases:
      -When the other equipment has DC blocking capacitors.
      -When a 2-terminal electric condenser microphone is used."

      For the third or last position on the 3.5 plug: This is labeled "PTT" and goes to a PTT switch indicated in the circuit. I assume this to be OT3 pin 8 here.

      Should I connect OT3 Pin 1 to the tip or the middle?

      My Kenwood manual here (pg 96) See Equipment connections for schematic if needed.

      http://manual.kenwood.com/files/TH-D7-English.pdf

      Thank you one and all (or Scott) ;)