Re: [tracker2] Telemetry and 1-wire temperature sensor

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
      With EXTTEMP ON, you'll get another human-readable temperature in the
      status text, just like for the internal sensor.

      The internal sensor for the T3 and OTUSB series is built into the
      microcontroller.

      Scott

      On 6/20/2013 12:53 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
      > Greetings,
      >
      > I haven't added a DS18S20 to my OT3 so I am curious what I will see on an
      > APRS client?
      >
      > I don't expect it in the typical telemetry packet of:
      > T#sss,aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,76543210
      >
      > Where is the onboard temperature sensor located, in the microcontroller?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Fred N7FMH

    • Fred Hillhouse
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
        Hi Scott,

        So if I want a temperature graph I need to wire a sensor to one of the A1-4
        inputs. I am thinking about graphs for monitoring a solar installation. The
        input voltage is already there as 'aaa' but temperature would be good to.

        Thanks!

        Best regards,
        Fred N7FMH