Telemetry and 1-wire temperature sensor

  • Fred Hillhouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
      Greetings,

      I haven't added a DS18S20 to my OT3 so I am curious what I will see on an
      APRS client?

      I don't expect it in the typical telemetry packet of:
      T#sss,aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,76543210

      Where is the onboard temperature sensor located, in the microcontroller?

      Thanks!

      Best regards,
      Fred N7FMH
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
        With EXTTEMP ON, you'll get another human-readable temperature in the
        status text, just like for the internal sensor.

        The internal sensor for the T3 and OTUSB series is built into the
        microcontroller.

        Scott

        On 6/20/2013 12:53 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I haven't added a DS18S20 to my OT3 so I am curious what I will see on an
        > APRS client?
        >
        > I don't expect it in the typical telemetry packet of:
        > T#sss,aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,76543210
        >
        > Where is the onboard temperature sensor located, in the microcontroller?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Fred N7FMH

      • Fred Hillhouse
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21, 2013
          Hi Scott,

          So if I want a temperature graph I need to wire a sensor to one of the A1-4
          inputs. I am thinking about graphs for monitoring a solar installation. The
          input voltage is already there as 'aaa' but temperature would be good to.

          Thanks!

          Best regards,
          Fred N7FMH