Re: [tracker2] Wierd behavior

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
      How exactly do you have it wired? And is your T3 set to 5V output?

      Scott

      On 6/8/2013 9:17 PM, Jake Tennant wrote:
      > I have setup one of those puck type GPS units (BR355 I think) from a web
      > page I found from another ham using it with a T2USB device.
      >
      > However when I connect it to the T2USB I get a constant red light on the
      > T2USB and it never transmits?
      >
      > If I hook up the old GPS-V all work fine.
      >
      > Have rechecked the pin-outs for the GPS with the web page and even
      > connected it with a breakout adapter I made for testing the little GPS
      > and all works well.
      >
      > Any ideas???
      >
      > Jacob Tennant WF8S

    • Jake Tennant
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 9, 2013
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 9, 2013
          That ought to work. Try connecting only one of pin 2 or pin 3 at a time
          and see which causes it to lock up.

          Scott

          On 6/9/2013 11:02 AM, Jake Tennant wrote:
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/90108848@N00/sets/72157621651452727/
          >
          > Wired for 5 volts
          >
          > Jacob Tennant WF8S

        • K2DMS
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 9, 2013
            Make sure the correct GPS sentences are being sent from the receiver.

            > How exactly do you have it wired? And is your T3 set to 5V output?
            >
            > Scott
            >
            > On 6/8/2013 9:17 PM, Jake Tennant wrote:
            > > I have setup one of those puck type GPS units (BR355 I think) from a web
            > > page I found from another ham using it with a T2USB device.
            > >
            > > However when I connect it to the T2USB I get a constant red light on the
            > > T2USB and it never transmits?
            > >
            > > If I hook up the old GPS-V all work fine.
            > >
            > > Have rechecked the pin-outs for the GPS with the web page and even
            > > connected it with a breakout adapter I made for testing the little GPS
            > > and all works well.
            > >
            > > Any ideas???
            > >
            > > Jacob Tennant WF8S

          • Jake Tennant
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 12, 2013

              I cannot change what the GPS outputs but it is sending out the correct sentence’s

              Jake WF8S