otwincfg.exe to OT3 usb "Ready to connect. Please reset the tracker now."

  • kevinshea83
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2013
      Was okay, but now having difficulty connecting the OT3 win configuration program via usb?

      Everything was going smooth and I had successfully configured the OT3 and also had the Nuvi350 serial networking! However, in the last day or two the OT3 has stop communicating. I have yet to connect the radio serial and transmitting out to APRS, but was in the process of this last piece to try out the OT3 when I noticed I can no longer connect with the wincfg pgm. (The Nuve comes-up with a lost serial message) I've since removed both serial connections and just have the usb to OT3 but still see the message to reset the tracker?

      On otwincfg startup(latest version)I'm receiving a "Ready to connect. Please reset the tracker now." message in the "Connect to Tracker" dialog box

      I can't erase and reload the current firmware as I receive the same message.

      I tried a second pc and same results?

      When powering up the ot3 with a usb /pc connect, I see the 3 LED color lights in the TX/RX and light turns off. The ACT red light is on.

      I have not tried another usb cable? Can I reset this OT3?

      Thank you,

      Kevin Shea
      KC2RTR
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
        Sounds like something is hosed in the firmware, but the LED blink
        sequence tells you that the serial bootloader is intact. If you've got
        a PC with a serial port and a null modem cable, you should still be able
        to connect to the serial port and recover it.

        You could also try jumpering it for safe mode (see the manual for
        details) and see if that makes a difference.

        Scott

        On 6/4/2013 5:15 PM, kevinshea83 wrote:
        > Was okay, but now having difficulty connecting the OT3 win configuration
        > program via usb?
        >
        > Everything was going smooth and I had successfully configured the OT3
        > and also had the Nuvi350 serial networking! However, in the last day or
        > two the OT3 has stop communicating. I have yet to connect the radio
        > serial and transmitting out to APRS, but was in the process of this last
        > piece to try out the OT3 when I noticed I can no longer connect with the
        > wincfg pgm. (The Nuve comes-up with a lost serial message) I've since
        > removed both serial connections and just have the usb to OT3 but still
        > see the message to reset the tracker?
        >
        > On otwincfg startup(latest version)I'm receiving a "Ready to connect.
        > Please reset the tracker now." message in the "Connect to Tracker"
        > dialog box
        >
        > I can't erase and reload the current firmware as I receive the same message.
        >
        > I tried a second pc and same results?
        >
        > When powering up the ot3 with a usb /pc connect, I see the 3 LED color
        > lights in the TX/RX and light turns off. The ACT red light is on.
        >
        > I have not tried another usb cable? Can I reset this OT3?
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Kevin Shea
        > KC2RTR

      • Kevin Shea
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7, 2013
          Thanks Scott. I was able reload the latest firmware and recover using the null modem serial cable.

          Sent from my iPod