Re: T3-mini to nuvi 350

  • caanuck
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 4, 2013
      Hi,
      I did set serial A and B to garmin, on both profiles just to be double sure. I will check the firmware version but I did apply the update from the web, at least I selected it and it went through three stages of install...

      The patch commands don't provide any feedback, I get to the "cmd>" prompt and type in "patch XXXXX" then it goes to the next "cmd>" line, is there a way of knowing that the patch has been accepted?

      I exit the TTY program, pull the usb device out of the wife's computer and go back to the laptop I use and plug it in to usb for power, to the HT radio and to the nuvi. Reset the T3-mini, Cycle the power on the nuvi and no fmi, just plain "where to" where the "dispatch" should be.

      Anything else I can try? Has anyone been able to get the fmi interface working on a mini, maybe they can post a cfg file for me to try?

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Shea <kevshea@...> wrote:

      > Did u set serial connection 1 &2 to garmin? I had to do this before I saw the dispatch menu on the nuvi 350
      >

      > Sent from my iPod
      >
      > On Jun 2, 2013, at 2:52 AM, Tony VE6MVP <tony@...> wrote:
      >
      > > At 06:12 PM 2013-06-01, caanuck wrote:
      > >
      > > >I am
      > > >now trying to connect the NUVI 350 using the garmin minib to serial
      > > >pigtail cable.
      > >
      > > It might not be that simple.
      > > https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=90
      > > states "with inline converter circuit. " and there is a little oblong
      > > black box in the cable if you look at the picture.
      > >
      > > But who knows. See the Fleet Management docs at
      > > http://developer.garmin.com/lbs/fleet-management/ which a quick read
      > > found the following.
      > >
      > > 3 Physical/Link Protocol
      > > 3.1 Serial Protocol
      > > The Serial protocol is RS-232. Other electrical characteristics are
      > > full duplex, serial data, 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no
      > > parity bits, and 1 stop bit.
      > >
      > > Tony

    • caanuck
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 14, 2013

        Just and update, I got the FMI working.  It was in the physical wiring and a crossed connection