Opentracker USB and my Raspberry Pi version

  • Vivien BRULE
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2013

    Hi everybody,

    I've used the schematic that I found on argentdata to try to make a raspberry Pi version of the opentrackerUSB (see the schematic in the mail).

    I've tried to upload some firmware, but nothing light on the board and no communication with it.

    So please is there someone that can take a look at my work and tell me if and where I going worong.

    Thanks a lot.

    Have a nice day

    73 Vivien

    Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2013
      If you built it from scratch, you'll need a BDM programmer to load the
      bootloader.

      Scott

      On 5/30/2013 4:57 AM, Vivien BRULE wrote:
      > [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Vivien BRULE included below]
      >
      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > I've used the schematic that I found on argentdata to try to make a
      > raspberry Pi version of the opentrackerUSB (see the schematic in the mail).
      >
      > I've tried to upload some firmware, but nothing light on the board and
      > no communication with it.
      >
      > So please is there someone that can take a look at my work and tell me
      > if and where I going worong.
      >
      > Thanks a lot.
      >
      > &n bsp;
      >
      > Have a nice day
      >
      > 73 Vivien

    • Vivien BRULE
      Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2013
        Hi Scott,

        I have a BDM programmer and try to upload some of the firmware that I've found here : http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/JM60/

        Is there a bootloader elsewhere?

        Thanks for your help

        Message 4 of 7 , May 31, 2013
          You need to load an image including the serial bootloader - the standard
          firmware image excludes it. If you build the firmware yourself, it'll
          create two .s19 files - one with the bootloader and one without. Here's
          a copy with the bootloader:

          https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13572256/otusb_with_bootloader.s19

          Scott

          On 5/30/2013 11:24 AM, Vivien BRULE wrote:
          > Hi Scott,
          >
          > I have a BDM programmer and try to upload some of the firmware that I've
          > found here : http://www.argentdata.com/support/firmware/JM60/
          >
          > Is there a bootloader elsewhere?
          >
          > Thanks for your help
          >
          > 73 Vivien

        • rman_55976
          Message 5 of 7 , Oct 23, 2013
            With all the recent development of different versions of the Tracker3, are there any plans for an official Tracker3 Raspberry Pi shield?  It could make for a nice and easy iGate.  Pi shields are starting to be developed from other TNCs (http://www.tnc-x.com/TNCPi.htm).

            Thanks,

            Rob

            KD0FTJ

            ---In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <f4fwh@...> wrote:

            Hi everybody,

            I've used the schematic that I found on argentdata to try to make a raspberry Pi version of the opentrackerUSB (see the schematic in the mail).

            I've tried to upload some firmware, but nothing light on the board and no communication with it.

            So please is there someone that can take a look at my work and tell me if and where I going worong.

            Thanks a lot.

            Have a nice day

            73 Vivien

          • Jason KG4WSV
            Message 6 of 7 , Oct 23, 2013

              On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 11:19 AM, <rman_55976@...> wrote:

              With all the recent development of different versions of the Tracker3, are there any plans for an official Tracker3 Raspberry Pi shield?

              You can already plug a T3 into a Pi's USB port.  Why go to the trouble of a custom device?

              -Jason
              kg4wsv
            • Ronny Julian