Re: [tracker2] Overloading impact of a 2nd transmitter for tracker vs my primary mobile?

  • Curt, WE7U
    Message 1 of 8 , May 28 7:41 PM
      On Tue, 28 May 2013, James Ewen wrote:

      > However, I think you're talking about your 2 meter voice transmissions
      > are blocking the RX on the APRS unit, and it can't tell if the APRS
      > channel is clear, so it ends up transmitting in the blind, and
      > possibly colliding with other packets out there.

      Correct.

      > You'd have to be listening to the APRS channel from another location
      > that is able to hear in the clear, and then figure out if your APRS
      > station is transmitting on top of others... not an easy task, but a
      > definite possibility.

      Yep. In our area there's so much traffic that if it was happening, it would definitely affect the percentage of transmissions that made it. I think it might be tricky to do what you're talking about, w/o a TNC decoding the packets right by that other party. Even then it would be difficult.

      --
      Curt, WE7U. http://wetnet.net/~we7u
      APRS Wiki: http://info.aprs.net/