Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [tracker2] DR 135 Power?

Expand Messages
  • Clay Jackson
    I ll be dipped!!!! I have another Alinco - a DR135MKII - just plugged it in, and sure enough, it supplies PLUS 5!!!! Anyone got any ideas? Should the old one
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 24, 2007
      I'll be dipped!!!!

      I have another Alinco - a DR135MKII - just plugged it in, and sure
      enough, it supplies PLUS 5!!!!

      Anyone got any ideas?

      Should the old one go back to Alinco?

      Thanks in advanced, puzzled in Seattle!

      Clay
      N7QNM

      On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Clay Jackson wrote:

      > OK - this is really bizzare! I read the docs on my DR135, and it
      > says that the middle ring on the front panel jack supplies +5V. So,
      > I hooked it up to my Deluo GPS and no light on the Deluo. I
      > measured the voltage, and it's MINUS 5V, NOT PLUS 5. Before I go
      > reversing leads, I thought I'd check this..
      >
      > Anyone seen this? Did Alinco change at some point, or am I just
      > crazy?
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Clay
      > N7QNM
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
    • ljs_hiho
      ... I have an Alinco 135 MkII and a MkIII here both read positive at the centre pin
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007
        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Clay Jackson <clayj@...> wrote:
        >
        > I'll be dipped!!!!
        >
        > I have another Alinco - a DR135MKII - just plugged it in, and sure
        > enough, it supplies PLUS 5!!!!
        >
        > Anyone got any ideas?
        >
        > Should the old one go back to Alinco?
        >
        > Thanks in advanced, puzzled in Seattle!
        >
        > Clay
        > N7QNM
        >
        > On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Clay Jackson wrote:
        >
        > > OK - this is really bizzare! I read the docs on my DR135, and it
        > > says that the middle ring on the front panel jack supplies +5V. So,
        > > I hooked it up to my Deluo GPS and no light on the Deluo. I
        > > measured the voltage, and it's MINUS 5V, NOT PLUS 5. Before I go
        > > reversing leads, I thought I'd check this..
        > >
        > > Anyone seen this? Did Alinco change at some point, or am I just
        > > crazy?
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > >
        > > Clay
        > > N7QNM
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >
        > >
        > >Hi Clay
        I have an Alinco 135 MkII and a MkIII here both read positive at the
        centre pin
        > >
        >
      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        ... My DR135 MkIII is showing positive 5. de Paulus N5SNN
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007
          ljs_hiho wrote:
          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Clay Jackson <clayj@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I'll be dipped!!!!
          >>
          >> I have another Alinco - a DR135MKII - just plugged it in, and sure
          >> enough, it supplies PLUS 5!!!!
          >>
          >> Anyone got any ideas?
          >>
          >>
          >>
          > I have an Alinco 135 MkII and a MkIII here both read positive at the
          > centre pin
          >
          >
          >
          My DR135 MkIII is showing positive 5.

          de Paulus N5SNN
        • 'Scott Miller'
          My notes say that the sleeve is ground, the ring is +5 (or more like 4.5, I think) and tip is data. That s how I ve always wired it up, and it s always
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007
            My notes say that the sleeve is ground, the ring is +5 (or more like 4.5, I think) and tip is data.  That's how I've always wired it up, and it's always worked.  Sure you got the right contact on your 3.5mm plug?
             
            Scott


            From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
            Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:18 PM
            To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [tracker2] DR 135 Power?

            OK - this is really bizzare! I read the docs on my DR135, and it
            says that the middle ring on the front panel jack supplies +5V. So,
            I hooked it up to my Deluo GPS and no light on the Deluo. I
            measured the voltage, and it's MINUS 5V, NOT PLUS 5. Before I go
            reversing leads, I thought I'd check this..

            Anyone seen this? Did Alinco change at some point, or am I just crazy?

            Thanks!

            Clay
            N7QNM

          • 'Scott Miller'
            That s a new one for me. What version is the other radio? _____ From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007
              That's a new one for me.  What version is the other radio?


              From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
              Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:55 PM
              To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [tracker2] DR 135 Power?

              I'll be dipped!!!!

              I have another Alinco - a DR135MKII - just plugged it in, and sure
              enough, it supplies PLUS 5!!!!

              Anyone got any ideas?

              Should the old one go back to Alinco?

              Thanks in advanced, puzzled in Seattle!

              Clay
              N7QNM

              On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Clay Jackson wrote:

              > OK - this is really bizzare! I read the docs on my DR135, and it
              > says that the middle ring on the front panel jack supplies +5V. So,
              > I hooked it up to my Deluo GPS and no light on the Deluo. I
              > measured the voltage, and it's MINUS 5V, NOT PLUS 5. Before I go
              > reversing leads, I thought I'd check this..
              >
              > Anyone seen this? Did Alinco change at some point, or am I just
              > crazy?
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > Clay
              > N7QNM
              >
              >
              >
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >

            • Clay Jackson
              The other radio is much older; close to 4 years, I think. Here s the REALLY interesting part - when I did a FULL RESET, it popped back to +5, right where it
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007
                The other radio is much older; close to 4 years, I think.  Here's the REALLY interesting part - when I did a FULL RESET, it popped back to +5, right where it should be.

                I looked at the schematic, and there's a PROGRAMMABLE voltage regulator on that line, that will deliver +5 to -5 (and +12 to -12 on a different set of pins).   So, I guess something flipped a bit somewhere.  I'm gonna leave that radio here on my bench for a while and see what happens after a bunch of power cycles and other abuse.

                The MkII just went in my daughter's truck, first with the Deluo GPS (because it has an LED that will indicate fixes, etc) and then with the Garmin (GPS-18), once I verified that all the cabling was correct.  So, look for KD7ULI-9.   One other thing I did note is that it's reporting 1.3 or 1.4 V; is there a spot for a multiplier (I seem to recall seeing one). 

                I'm also still interested in 2 more T2-135s (for the radio now on my bench, and the one in my wife's car).

                Clay
                N7QNM

                On Mar 25, 2007, at 9:59 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

                That's a new one for me.  What version is the other radio?


                From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
                Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:55 PM
                To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [tracker2] DR 135 Power?

                I'll be dipped!!!!

                I have another Alinco - a DR135MKII - just plugged it in, and sure
                enough, it supplies PLUS 5!!!!

                Anyone got any ideas?

                Should the old one go back to Alinco?

                Thanks in advanced, puzzled in Seattle!

                Clay
                N7QNM

                On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Clay Jackson wrote:

                > OK - this is really bizzare! I read the docs on my DR135, and it
                > says that the middle ring on the front panel jack supplies +5V. So,
                > I hooked it up to my Deluo GPS and no light on the Deluo. I
                > measured the voltage, and it's MINUS 5V, NOT PLUS 5. Before I go
                > reversing leads, I thought I'd check this..
                >
                > Anyone seen this? Did Alinco change at some point, or am I just
                > crazy?
                >
                > Thanks!
                >
                > Clay
                > N7QNM
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >


              • 'Scott Miller'
                Wow, that s scary. I hope the GPS receivers are more tolerant of -5 V than they are of +12. I made a firmware fix LATE last night for Baker to Vegas - turns
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                  Wow, that's scary.  I hope the GPS receivers are more tolerant of -5 V than they are of +12.
                   
                  I made a firmware fix LATE last night for Baker to Vegas - turns out that the insidious timeslotting bug that's kept me from releasing a new OpenTracker build for some time now had made its way into the T2 codebase after all.  The good news is that I've got it fixed for both, now.  And came up with an idea for sub-second timeslot support while I was working on it.  Ought to at least work with the GPS 18, not sure about the Sony chipset.  Even mediocre radios ought to be able to squeeze a position report into 1/2 second.  If it works out, I figure I'll give it 1/4 second resolution.
                   
                  THEN we've got to figure out how to implement self-organizing timeslotting, like AIS.  Only AIS doesn't have to deal with a massive hidden transmitter problem, and digipeaters with overlapping coverage areas... still, even a simple slotted-ALOHA implementation would double the channel utilization.  A half-decent self-organizing scheme ought to be able to double it beyond that.
                   
                  Wait... is it a T2-135 that's reporting voltage?  They're not supposed to do that.  There's no 12-volt supply to measure, and no temperature sensor since I figured people wouldn't really care about the internal temperature in their radio.
                   
                  Scott


                  From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
                  Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:53 PM
                  To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: Re: [tracker2] DR 135 Power?

                  The other radio is much older; close to 4 years, I think. Here's the REALLY interesting part - when I did a FULL RESET, it popped back to +5, right where it should be.


                  I looked at the schematic, and there's a PROGRAMMABLE voltage regulator on that line, that will deliver +5 to -5 (and +12 to -12 on a different set of pins). So, I guess something flipped a bit somewhere. I'm gonna leave that radio here on my bench for a while and see what happens after a bunch of power cycles and other abuse.

                  The MkII just went in my daughter's truck, first with the Deluo GPS (because it has an LED that will indicate fixes, etc) and then with the Garmin (GPS-18), once I verified that all the cabling was correct. So, look for KD7ULI-9. One other thing I did note is that it's reporting 1.3 or 1.4 V; is there a spot for a multiplier (I seem to recall seeing one).

                  I'm also still interested in 2 more T2-135s (for the radio now on my bench, and the one in my wife's car).

                  Clay
                  N7QNM

                  On Mar 25, 2007, at 9:59 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

                  That's a new one for me. What version is the other radio?


                  From: tracker2@yahoogroup s.com [mailto:tracker2@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
                  Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:55 PM
                  To: tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
                  Subject: Re: [tracker2] DR 135 Power?

                  I'll be dipped!!!!

                  I have another Alinco - a DR135MKII - just plugged it in, and sure
                  enough, it supplies PLUS 5!!!!

                  Anyone got any ideas?

                  Should the old one go back to Alinco?

                  Thanks in advanced, puzzled in Seattle!

                  Clay
                  N7QNM

                  On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Clay Jackson wrote:

                  > OK - this is really bizzare! I read the docs on my DR135, and it
                  > says that the middle ring on the front panel jack supplies +5V. So,
                  > I hooked it up to my Deluo GPS and no light on the Deluo. I
                  > measured the voltage, and it's MINUS 5V, NOT PLUS 5. Before I go
                  > reversing leads, I thought I'd check this..
                  >
                  > Anyone seen this? Did Alinco change at some point, or am I just
                  > crazy?
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > Clay
                  > N7QNM
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >


                • Chris
                  Okay, I am confused :) nothing new there. I have both t2 working. I flashed reset with defaults. no GPS signal removed, poweroff, etc no gps signal I
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 27, 2007
                    Okay, I am confused :) nothing new there. I have both t2 working.

                    I flashed reset with defaults.
                    no GPS signal

                    removed, poweroff, etc
                    no gps signal
                    I configure with terminal program (not the ot config program)
                    no gps signal.
                    I read the config with config program (to send to Scott)
                    discover terminal configuration was done all in config two.
                    copy config 2 to config 1 and reset.
                    NOW I HAVE GPS SIGNAL.

                    Not exactly sure why... but they are both working. (or at least gps
                    signal. I am going to go on test drive. and test it .
                    thank you for your time and help.

                    -C

                    --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "'Scott Miller'" <scott@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Ok, I'm going to try to duplicate this. When you load the new firmware,
                    > make sure you erase the configuration and accept the defaults. Make
                    sure
                    > BMODE is AUTO. Send me the output of the DISPLAY command (and
                    optionally a
                    > saved config file, off-list) and I'll check it out.
                    >
                    > Scott
                    >
                    >
                    > _____
                    >
                    > From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On
                    Behalf
                    > Of Chris
                    > Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:19 PM
                    > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: [tracker2] Re: Deluo GPS
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Ok, there is what I have found. firmware 54030 works with GPS
                    > but the new firmware 54085 (I think) doesn't. Not sure if this helps
                    > us out any. I not sure if I need any of the new features, but I will
                    > check. do you think you could email me the 54030 code so I can
                    > download that into the other tnc and test.
                    >
                    > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
                    > "'Scott Miller'" <scott@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Any blinking lights on the T2-135 board itself? You should be getting
                    > > something, even if the fix is bad.
                    > >
                    > > Scott
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > _____
                    > >
                    > > From: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                    > [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
                    s.com] On
                    > Behalf
                    > > Of Chris
                    > > Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2007 8:56 PM
                    > > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                    > > Subject: [tracker2] Re: Deluo GPS
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > Thank you for responding, I hope we can get this fixed.
                    > >
                    > > I switched my primary email to another; I have not received any emails
                    > > at all. I hope that this one (through yahoo) will work.
                    > >
                    > > Okay, I have turned off autobaud, position reports GPS, bbaud is 4800
                    > > bmode is auto so far no data, GPS behaves in the same way (flashing
                    > > red light, then solid). I tried using a second (same model) GPS, they
                    > > behave both in the same way.
                    > >
                    > > Any other ideas? Here is output from info, I figure it might help or
                    > > even make sense, I have not calibrated the tempadj as you can see.
                    > >
                    > > md:info
                    > > OVF1:0 OVF2:0 PORT:0 EVQ:0000 BUF:00
                    > > TEMP:-327F VOLT:0 RX:62 FCS:41 DIGI:0 CFG2
                    > > cmd:
                    > >
                    > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
                    > > "'Scott Miller'" <scott@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Hmm, I wonder if something's up with gmail - that message got me a
                    > > bounce
                    > > > notice from every gmail user on the list, I think. Let's see if it
                    > > does it
                    > > > again...
                    > > >
                    > > > Scott
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > _____
                    > > >
                    > > > From: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                    > > [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > s.com] On
                    > > Behalf
                    > > > Of 'Scott Miller'
                    > > > Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 10:16 AM
                    > > > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                    > > > Subject: RE: [tracker2] Deluo GPS
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > I'll add a passthrough mode to my to-do list. That could be useful.
                    > > What
                    > > > does the POSITION command report? Turning AUTOBAUD off can
                    > > eliminate one
                    > > > potential source of problems if it's getting stuck in the wrong baud
                    > > rate
                    > > > for some reason.
                    > > >
                    > > > Scott
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > _____
                    > > >
                    > > > From: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                    > > [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > s.com] On
                    > > Behalf
                    > > > Of laotzu.rm
                    > > > Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 1:52 AM
                    > > > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
                    > > > Subject: [tracker2] Deluo GPS
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > I just installed the T2-135 Build 54085 in a alinco dr-135 MK2. As
                    > > > far as I can tell the TNC is working ok. I am able to connect via
                    > > > serial port and work the configuration command. I can monitor other
                    > > > stations, and send messages to internet only users. However, I
                    think I
                    > > > missed the commands to get the GPS data to flow. This is what I try
                    > > > doing:
                    > > > bbaud 4800
                    > > > bmode auto
                    > > > autobaud on
                    > > >
                    > > > I get the red led on the GPS unit to go solid, no change to speak of
                    > > > on the leds on the T2. Is there a command that will let me see the
                    > > > raw data that is comming in on port B? What other steps may I use to
                    > > > troubleshoot this.
                    > > >
                    > > > Any ideas would be great!
                    > > >
                    > >
                    >
                  • Clay Jackson
                    Hi - sorry for the long silence; it s been kinda busy round here, what with Spring Break. Anyway, yeah, the T2-135 is spitting out a voltage report (it
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 10 6:08 AM
                      Hi - sorry for the long silence; it's been kinda busy 'round here, what with Spring Break.

                      Anyway, yeah, the T2-135 is spitting out a voltage report (it appears to be 1.2-1.4 V).   I'm having trouble right now keeping the GPS18 'online'; I'll bring the radio into my bench from the truck Thursday or Friday nite (meetings tonite and tomorrow nite) and see what gives there.

                      Any word on more T2-135 protos?

                      Thanks!

                      Clay
                      N7QNM

                      ==========
                      On Mar 26, 2007, at 9:18 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

                      Wow, that's scary.  I hope the GPS receivers are more tolerant of -5 V than they are of +12.
                       
                      I made a firmware fix LATE last night for Baker to Vegas - turns out that the insidious timeslotting bug that's kept me from releasing a new OpenTracker build for some time now had made its way into the T2 codebase after all.  The good news is that I've got it fixed for both, now.  And came up with an idea for sub-second timeslot support while I was working on it.  Ought to at least work with the GPS 18, not sure about the Sony chipset.  Even mediocre radios ought to be able to squeeze a position report into 1/2 second.  If it works out, I figure I'll give it 1/4 second resolution.
                       
                      THEN we've got to figure out how to implement self-organizing timeslotting, like AIS.  Only AIS doesn't have to deal with a massive hidden transmitter problem, and digipeaters with overlapping coverage areas... still, even a simple slotted-ALOHA implementation would double the channel utilization.  A half-decent self-organizing scheme ought to be able to double it beyond that.
                       
                      Wait... is it a T2-135 that's reporting voltage?  They're not supposed to do that.  There's no 12-volt supply to measure, and no temperature sensor since I figured people wouldn't really care about the internal temperature in their radio.
                       
                      Scott


                      From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
                      Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:53 PM
                      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: Re: [tracker2] DR 135 Power?

                      The other radio is much older; close to 4 years, I think. Here's the REALLY interesting part - when I did a FULL RESET, it popped back to +5, right where it should be.


                      I looked at the schematic, and there's a PROGRAMMABLE voltage regulator on that line, that will deliver +5 to -5 (and +12 to -12 on a different set of pins). So, I guess something flipped a bit somewhere. I'm gonna leave that radio here on my bench for a while and see what happens after a bunch of power cycles and other abuse.

                      The MkII just went in my daughter's truck, first with the Deluo GPS (because it has an LED that will indicate fixes, etc) and then with the Garmin (GPS-18), once I verified that all the cabling was correct. So, look for KD7ULI-9. One other thing I did note is that it's reporting 1.3 or 1.4 V; is there a spot for a multiplier (I seem to recall seeing one).

                      I'm also still interested in 2 more T2-135s (for the radio now on my bench, and the one in my wife's car).

                      Clay
                      N7QNM

                      On Mar 25, 2007, at 9:59 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

                      That's a new one for me. What version is the other radio?


                      From: tracker2@yahoogroup s.com [mailto:tracker2@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Clay Jackson
                      Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 10:55 PM
                      To: tracker2@yahoogroup s.com
                      Subject: Re: [tracker2] DR 135 Power?

                      I'll be dipped!!!!

                      I have another Alinco - a DR135MKII - just plugged it in, and sure
                      enough, it supplies PLUS 5!!!!

                      Anyone got any ideas?

                      Should the old one go back to Alinco?

                      Thanks in advanced, puzzled in Seattle!

                      Clay
                      N7QNM

                      On Mar 24, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Clay Jackson wrote:

                      > OK - this is really bizzare! I read the docs on my DR135, and it
                      > says that the middle ring on the front panel jack supplies +5V. So,
                      > I hooked it up to my Deluo GPS and no light on the Deluo. I
                      > measured the voltage, and it's MINUS 5V, NOT PLUS 5. Before I go
                      > reversing leads, I thought I'd check this..
                      >
                      > Anyone seen this? Did Alinco change at some point, or am I just
                      > crazy?
                      >
                      > Thanks!
                      >
                      > Clay
                      > N7QNM
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >




                    • Keith VE7GDH
                      Scott N1VG wrote (way back on March 26 2007) ... I just posted a reply to a more recent message where I replied to Tom W3TMC about Monitor voltages on boat
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 15, 2007
                        Scott N1VG wrote (way back on March 26 2007)

                        > Wait... is it a T2-135 that's reporting voltage? They're not
                        > supposed to do that. There's no 12-volt supply to measure,
                        > and no temperature sensor since I figured people wouldn't
                        > really care about the internal temperature in their radio.

                        I just posted a reply to a more recent message where I replied to Tom W3TMC
                        about "Monitor voltages on boat" where I mentioned about the T2-135 that mine
                        "shows something like 3.7 volts" when I have it report the voltage. I see
                        also there's a copy of the T2-135 schematic in the files section. I'll snag
                        that later and take a look at it. Guess I'll see then where the 3.7 volts is
                        coming from that my T2-135 reports.

                        PS - don't redesign the T2-135 just for me, but if you do ever add a voltage
                        divider so it can report the supply voltage that would be nice. I know the
                        temperature wouldn't be very meaningful, but I wouldn't mind seeing a
                        temperature sensor added as well. Maybe it could just be a couple of pads on
                        the edge of the board and leave it up to the owner to bring those wires to the
                        outside world and hang a temperature sensor outboard somewhere.

                        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                        --
                        "I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!"
                      • Ian ZL1VFO
                        ~Snip~ ... Well, if you were using one of these as a digipeater setup, it might be quite nice to keep an eye on your supply voltage and heatsink temperature
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 16, 2007
                          ~Snip~

                          > PS - don't redesign the T2-135 just for me, but if you do ever add a voltage
                          > divider so it can report the supply voltage that would be nice. I know the
                          > temperature wouldn't be very meaningful, but I wouldn't mind seeing a
                          > temperature sensor added as well. Maybe it could just be a couple of pads on
                          > the edge of the board and leave it up to the owner to bring those wires to the
                          > outside world and hang a temperature sensor outboard somewhere.

                          > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

                          Well, if you were using one of these as a digipeater setup, it might
                          be quite nice to keep an eye on your supply voltage and heatsink
                          temperature somehow...

                          -Ian ZL1VFO
                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.