Re: Tracker2 - F/W 56330 and Nuvi 350 command issues

  • n1zxz
    Message 1 of 10 , May 27, 2013
      Sorry about the delay in replying, it solved my problem! I dont have the latest firmware in the Nuvi, does the latest firmware fix the issue? I've had to do the user content erase procedure a couple times when the command function stopped responding...

      Rick

      Message 2 of 10 , May 27, 2013
        I'm pretty sure it does fix the problem.

        Scott

        On 5/27/2013 10:56 AM, n1zxz wrote:
        > Sorry about the delay in replying, it solved my problem! I dont have the
        > latest firmware in the Nuvi, does the latest firmware fix the issue?
        > I've had to do the user content erase procedure a couple times when the
        > command function stopped responding...
        >
        > Rick

        > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've seen the nuvi's message buffer get corrupted before such that the
        > > T2 couldn't advance to the next message. You can fix that by holding
        > > down one corner of the screen (bottom right, I think?) at startup to
        > > clear all user data.
        > >
        > > Scott
        > >
        > > On 5/21/2013 11:13 AM, n1zxz wrote:
        > > > Hi!
        > > >
        > > > I have a T2 with F/W 56330 and a Nuvi 350 running in my car. It works
        > > > great for GPS and tracking (I am sending packets out on 144.39 and am
        > > > receiving them as well) but sending messages does not work.
        > > >
        > > > I can receive messages just fine - if I go to findu and send myself a
        > > > message it appears on my GPS several times
        > > >
        > > > Sending messages just sit in the outbox saying "sending" - whether
        > its a
        > > > message to another APRS station or to the T2. In other words, if I was
        > > > to "send -W1XXX TESTING" or if I was to send "--version" the message
        > > > just sits there sending.
        > > >
        > > > Is there a fix? Anything I am doing wrong? I am confused by the fact
        > > > that GPS data seems to be getting through. My position is being updated
        > > > on APRS and I am receiving other station's packets as well, so that
        > > > tells me the serial communication between the GPS and T2 works enough
        > > > for that.
        > > >
        > > > Thanks for any advice you can give me!
        > > >
        > > > Rick

      • Tony VE6MVP
        Message 3 of 10 , May 27, 2013
          Folks

          This is somewhat off topic but still could be relevant to some here.    I'm starting to accumulate more and more devices in the vehicle which require USB power.   The Nuvi 350 is one of those devices thus my reasonimg that my posting is somewhat relevant.  <smile>

          I found the following device on eBay.  http://www.ebay.ca/itm/130917019612?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 which is a 12 VDC in 5VDC 2.5A USB connection out. Now I can put in a USB hub and power multiple devices without consuming too many cigarette lighter plugs.   Just attach an Anderson PowerPole connectors to the end and you're done.  And at $8.00 including shipping considerably cheaper than the PowerWorks product.

          Tony
          Message 4 of 10 , May 27, 2013
            > http://www.ebay.ca/itm/130917019612?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
            > which is a 12 VDC in 5VDC 2.5A USB connection out. Now I can put in a
            > USB hub and power multiple devices without consuming too many cigarette
            > lighter plugs. Just attach an Anderson PowerPole connectors to the end
            > and you're done. And at $8.00 including shipping considerably cheaper
            > than the PowerWorks product.

            Sure, I've done basically the same thing. I've got a small 'treasure
            chest' from the craft store that I stashed a couple of 8 AH SLA
            batteries in with something similar to this, then built a felt-covered
            shelf to cover the battery compartment and added a panel with 4 USB A
            receptacles and one cigarette lighter plug. The lid has zippered mesh
            pockets that hold an assortment of cell phone charging adapters and
            universal Li-ion charges.

            I've used it on several group camping trips (including Burning Man) and
            every time we seem to find some new device that there's no adapter for.
            I've added the Apple Lightning cable, Blackberry, and now a 7.4v
            universal adapter that should hopefully cover all of the camcorder and
            DSLR batteries we couldn't handle last year.

            Scott
          • kc9ony
            Message 5 of 10 , May 28, 2013
              Thanks for the ideas.
              Now if I ever get my APRS setup going that would be handy.
              I'm having some issues with the nuvi 350 I bought, and it's been
              a year since I bought the OT3, so I'd better get off my lazy duff
              and install some stuff. ;

              73,
              Tom KC9ONY