Re: [tracker2] y-serial cable

    Message 1 of 10 , May 21, 2013
      > It took me ten or more minutes reading up on about three different web
      > pages on the Argent site before I figured out exactly what was which.
      > I would urge Scott, when he is back from Dayton and has slowed down a

      Which page did you go to first for the information? Sometimes I'm not
      sure where people are expecting to find stuff.

      > AUTO and are unable to access the Tracker to configure the Tracker then
      > send the command AMODE AUTO to port B."

      You'd only be able to do that over FMI - port B doesn't have the command
      console.

      Scott
    • Tony VE6MVP
      Message 2 of 10 , May 21, 2013
        At 09:34 PM 2013-05-21, Scott Miller wrote:

        > > It took me ten or more minutes reading up on about three different web
        > > pages on the Argent site before I figured out exactly what was which.
        > > I would urge Scott, when he is back from Dayton and has slowed down a
        >
        >Which page did you go to first for the information? Sometimes I'm not
        >sure where people are expecting to find stuff.

        I have no idea where I went first as that is well over a year ago. I
        would start by adding my suggested paragraph to
        https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=93

        > > AUTO and are unable to access the Tracker to configure the Tracker then
        > > send the command AMODE AUTO to port B."
        >
        >You'd only be able to do that over FMI - port B doesn't have the command
        >console.

        The previous sentence or two of my paragraph that you snipped states
        that I sent that command from the Nuvi 350 which is, of course, using
        the FMI. So we agree with each other.

        Tony