RE: [tracker2] Re: Garmin Montana experiences?

  • Fred Hillhouse
    Message 1 of 13 , May 21, 2013
      That is a pretty good assessment. I hike and am looking for a new GPS. I was looking at the Garmin 62. I also drive and want a new GPS with a bigger screen. I can maybe afford one. The Montana is a heavy for hiking and small for driving but is a reasonable compromise if only one can be bought. I am saving up as well.

      Best regards,
      Fred

      Message 2 of 13 , May 21, 2013
        At 07:20 AM 2013-05-21, Fred Hillhouse wrote:

        My $15 Bluetooth <> Serial adapter should be here in the next week.  Along with my vehicle mount for my tablet.  So then I might be able to use APRSDroid on my 10" Android tablet as my GPS.

        Tony

        Message 3 of 13 , May 21, 2013
          I have a tablet running APRSIS32 so that is my "GPS". It doesn't do trip routing but it does require me to prefetch the maps I want. At least until I get internet in my car.

          Fred