Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin Montana experiences?

  • Jason KG4WSV
    Message 1 of 13 , May 20, 2013
      On May 20, 2013, at 5:32 PM, "tbanks204" <tbanks204@...> wrote:

      > After looking at them, they have a rather small screen size, for the price.

      A bit small for a car gps, a bit large for a hiking gps. Could be a decent compromise if you want one that does both. I'm still deciding (and saving up).

      -Jason
      kg4wsv
    • Fred Hillhouse
      Message 2 of 13 , May 21, 2013
        That is a pretty good assessment. I hike and am looking for a new GPS. I was looking at the Garmin 62. I also drive and want a new GPS with a bigger screen. I can maybe afford one. The Montana is a heavy for hiking and small for driving but is a reasonable compromise if only one can be bought. I am saving up as well.

        Best regards,
        Fred

        > After looking at them, they have a rather small screen size, for the price.

        A bit small for a car gps, a bit large for a hiking gps. Could be a decent compromise if you want one that does both. I'm still deciding (and saving up).

        -Jason
        kg4wsv

      • Tony VE6MVP
        Message 3 of 13 , May 21, 2013
          At 07:20 AM 2013-05-21, Fred Hillhouse wrote:

          My $15 Bluetooth <> Serial adapter should be here in the next week.  Along with my vehicle mount for my tablet.  So then I might be able to use APRSDroid on my 10" Android tablet as my GPS.

          Tony

          Message 4 of 13 , May 21, 2013
            I have a tablet running APRSIS32 so that is my "GPS". It doesn't do trip routing but it does require me to prefetch the maps I want. At least until I get internet in my car.

            Fred