Re: [tracker2] y-serial cable

  • Tony VE6MVP
    Message 1 of 10 , May 15, 2013
      At 03:21 PM 2013-05-15, Tony VE6MVP wrote:

      >I would urge Scott, when he is back from Dayton and has slowed down a
      bit, to update the pages in the website with the explicit instructions.   At least the serial cable page to state something like

      Arggghhh.  I meant to state the serial splitter Y cable page.

      Tony
      Message 2 of 10 , May 21, 2013
        > It took me ten or more minutes reading up on about three different web
        > pages on the Argent site before I figured out exactly what was which.
        > I would urge Scott, when he is back from Dayton and has slowed down a

        Which page did you go to first for the information? Sometimes I'm not
        sure where people are expecting to find stuff.

        > AUTO and are unable to access the Tracker to configure the Tracker then
        > send the command AMODE AUTO to port B."

        You'd only be able to do that over FMI - port B doesn't have the command
        console.

        Scott
      • Tony VE6MVP
        Message 3 of 10 , May 21, 2013
          At 09:34 PM 2013-05-21, Scott Miller wrote:

          > > It took me ten or more minutes reading up on about three different web
          > > pages on the Argent site before I figured out exactly what was which.
          > > I would urge Scott, when he is back from Dayton and has slowed down a
          >
          >Which page did you go to first for the information? Sometimes I'm not
          >sure where people are expecting to find stuff.

          I have no idea where I went first as that is well over a year ago. I
          would start by adding my suggested paragraph to
          https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=93

          > > AUTO and are unable to access the Tracker to configure the Tracker then
          > > send the command AMODE AUTO to port B."
          >
          >You'd only be able to do that over FMI - port B doesn't have the command
          >console.

          The previous sentence or two of my paragraph that you snipped states
          that I sent that command from the Nuvi 350 which is, of course, using
          the FMI. So we agree with each other.

          Tony