Re: [tracker2] Re: Tracker3 / OT3m - next steps for a new owner (after the manual)?

    Message 1 of 28 , May 8, 2013
      On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Willie M <wmacris@...> wrote:

      > Hi James, I have traffic passing between the tracker and the PC now. The
      > root of the problem was the port setup performed by APRSISCE/32,
      > specifically the OpenCmd and CloseCmd which were interfering with the
      > tracker's functioning in KISS mode. I solved it by setting the tracker's
      > mode to be USBKISS with the Windows config program, so no further config
      > was needed for the module to function, then I manually edited the XML
      > config for APRSISCE/32 and remove the configuration steps of the open and
      > close - basically deleting all but one OpenCmd and CloseCmd, which I set to
      > be the null commands (it's mentioned in the APRSISCE/32 wiki).

      Yeah, you turned the KISS mode into SIMPLYKISS like Fred said.

      That's documented in the wiki:

      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/port-kiss

      Glad you found the issue. Have fun with the program, and when you need
      more help with it, ask away on the APRSISCE/32 forum.

    • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      Message 2 of 28 , May 9, 2013
        You get the same no-op effect if you use a Simply(KISS) port which is
        recommended for devices that can be locked into KISS mode like the
        USBKISS port on the T3. The (original) KISS mode in APRSISCE/32 will
        automatically provide Kenwood-type open and close commands which will
        drop the Tracker2 family ports out of KISS mode when APRSISCE/32 is closed.

        I'm glad you figured that out and apologize for having been away from
        e-mail for a while. Only about 200 more unread messages to go.

      • Randy
        Message 3 of 28 , May 9, 2013
          Dayton

          I wandered why there was no product to fill my order I placed a few days ago. I guess I will get the left overs after Dayton.

          Randy/n4jzy

          Message 4 of 28 , May 9, 2013
            Today will actually be our first shipment of stuff to Dayton. We've
            been going flat out for weeks to build stuff, but we're still not as far
            ahead as I'd like. We have SSTVCAMs and T3-135s and minis done in
            reasonable quantities, but the rest are going to keep us busy for the
            next week.

            Scott