Re: [tracker2] OT3 mini config question

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
      It'll stay the same (probably) as long as the port isn't in use already.

      Nothing else to be done for KISS, just be aware of whether your host
      program is sending the exit KISS command and resetting it to AUTO mode.

      Scott

      On 4/17/2013 7:54 PM, Ronny Julian wrote:
      > But if I use the same port every time and don't connect anything else
      > there it should stay put correct? I got into it fine and am starting my
      > config. So many more options than last time I saw this! Thanks!
      >
      > Next test is to try connecting to it on KISS. Anything hardware wise I
      > need to do there?
      >

      > On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
      >
      > Do you see a new port appear in otwincfg when you plug in the tracker?
      > It should automatically detect it and connect, at least if it shows up
      > on COM1 through COM16. You might need to go into device manager and
      > reassign it if it comes up on COM17 or above, which I think I've seen
      > happen at least once.
      >
      > There's really no predicting what port it'll appear on. In Windows it
      > will depend on which USB port you connected it to.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > On 4/17/2013 7:10 PM, Ronny Julian wrote:
      > > What COM port do I set to connect the OT3 mini to OTWINCONFIG? Using
      > > Windows 7. I see the LED come on when connected. I've tried the
      > auto
      > > detect feature and It sees ports 1 and 3 but neither work.
      > >
      > > Ronny
      > > K4RJJ

    • Ronny Julian
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
        Worked fine on Packlink.

        So does the USB port simply parallel Port A serial?  IE: if I don't want to have the chase your port down everytime issue can I just connect a DB-9 to port As pins and use that?

        On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        Do you see a new port appear in otwincfg when you plug in the tracker?
        It should automatically detect it and connect, at least if it shows up
        on COM1 through COM16.  You might need to go into device manager and
        reassign it if it comes up on COM17 or above, which I think I've seen
        happen at least once.

        There's really no predicting what port it'll appear on.  In Windows it
        will depend on which USB port you connected it to.

        Scott

        On 4/17/2013 7:10 PM, Ronny Julian wrote:
        > What COM port do I set to connect the OT3 mini to OTWINCONFIG?  Using
        > Windows 7.  I see the LED come on when connected.  I've tried the auto
        > detect feature and It sees ports 1 and 3 but neither work.
        >
        > Ronny
        > K4RJJ

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
            tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
          Port A and the USB port are separate ports, but they're connected in
          that the console only exists on one or the other. Plugging in USB
          disables the console on the serial port, UNLESS you have USB KISS on.

          On my workbench, I've got one cable that I know always comes up COM8 for
          any OTUSB or T3, and another that's always COM6. The only time I have a
          problem is when I leave a program open using the port and reconnect
          without closing it, and it'll pick another port. Closing the program
          and reconnecting fixes it.

          Scott

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
            USB KISS?  Where is that in the config program?  I see ports A and B and I set Port A for KISS and 9600 baud.

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
              In otwincfg there's a checkbox under the port A/B options. From the
              command prompt, the command is USBKISS ON/OFF.

              Scott

              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
                K sorry I was SO LAST week or two.  Now on build 56398

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
                  Plugging in USB disables the console on the serial port, UNLESS you have USB KISS on.

                  So USB KISS ON KEEPS it always on USB?

                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
                    I just tried it and only connecting to the OT3 Mini over USB Paclink works KISS if I have USB KISS on or off.  It does not seem to care.  My question then would be If I was to leave USB KISS on and also configure PortA to KISS would I be able to use both as KISS ports or would they collide on the use of one radio?

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
                      If USBKISS is ON, the USB port is always KISS and the console stays on
                      port A.

                      Scott

                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
                        You can use both, but the outgoing packets will get mangled if you're
                        trying to transmit from both ports at the same time.

                        Scott

                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 17, 2013
                          Tells me I should not even think to try.  Thanks!