Re: [tracker2] Re: Garmin GPS's for use with OT-USB

    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 16, 2013
      Where have you been buying yours? I might need to pick up some of those
      as well for evaluation.

      Scott

      On 4/16/2013 4:24 AM, captnkliegle wrote:

      > Since the ADS-GM1 hasn't been available for months, I've been buying the
      > $32 BR-355 units. They're getting harder to find now that word is out. lol
      >
      > Warm boot is much faster than the ADS-GM1, within seconds or less!
      >
      > No capacitor installed across the DC power line, no issues in any of the
      > installations.
      >
      > KA1GJU

    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 16, 2013
        Yes, the USGlobalsat BR-355 ( *non-USB* ) version work great. I have several that we use on trackers for various events. Chop off their PS-2 interface plug and tack on the DE-9! They are powered from OT+ or OT-USB's and work fabulous just sitting on the dash of the pick up trucks that are used for SAG's in MS-150 bike events.

        Randy
        WF5X

        On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
        Where have you been buying yours?  I might need to pick up some of those
        as well for evaluation.

        Scott

        On 4/16/2013 4:24 AM, captnkliegle wrote:

        > Since the ADS-GM1 hasn't been available for months, I've been buying the
        > $32 BR-355 units. They're getting harder to find now that word is out. lol
        >
        > Warm boot is much faster than the ADS-GM1, within seconds or less!
        >
        > No capacitor installed across the DC power line, no issues in any of the
        > installations.
        >
        > KA1GJU

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
            tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Jacob Tennant
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 16, 2013

          I got mine from Amazon.com for $40.00 & free shipping.

          Jacob Tennant WF8S

          On Apr 16, 2013 10:07 AM, "Scott Miller" <scott@...> wrote:
          Where have you been buying yours?  I might need to pick up some of those
          as well for evaluation.

          Scott

          On 4/16/2013 4:24 AM, captnkliegle wrote:

          > Since the ADS-GM1 hasn't been available for months, I've been buying the
          > $32 BR-355 units. They're getting harder to find now that word is out. lol
          >
          > Warm boot is much faster than the ADS-GM1, within seconds or less!
          >
          > No capacitor installed across the DC power line, no issues in any of the
          > installations.
          >
          > KA1GJU

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              tracker2-digest@yahoogroups.com
              tracker2-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • ka4vmp
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 16, 2013
            I found the following website that has the BR-355 in stock for $34.95.
            http://www.semsons.com/glbrmogpsref.html
            And if your order is over $20.00 you enter the displayed code on their home page and get free ground shipping.

            Ed Taylor, ka4vmp

            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 16, 2013
              Great. I'll see about getting one of those as well to compare
              side-by-side. It'll also depend on what we can get made with our
              connectors. We'll be replacing connectors by hand on the first batch,
              but it's not really cost-effective.

              I'm curious if any of these models that list USB and RS-232 have both
              present in the cable...

              Scott

              On 4/16/2013 6:56 PM, ka4vmp wrote:
              > I found the following website that has the BR-355 in stock for $34.95.
              > http://www.semsons.com/glbrmogpsref.html
              > And if your order is over $20.00 you enter the displayed code on their
              > home page and get free ground shipping.
              >
              > Ed Taylor, ka4vmp

              > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Where have you been buying yours? I might need to pick up some of those
              > > as well for evaluation.
              > >
              > > Scott
              > >
              > > On 4/16/2013 4:24 AM, captnkliegle wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Since the ADS-GM1 hasn't been available for months, I've been
              > buying the
              > > > $32 BR-355 units. They're getting harder to find now that word is
              > out. lol
              > > >
              > > > Warm boot is much faster than the ADS-GM1, within seconds or less!
              > > >
              > > > No capacitor installed across the DC power line, no issues in any
              > of the
              > > > installations.
              > > >
              > > > KA1GJU

            • Rolf Marthin Nilsen
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 16, 2013
                DX.COM sells the BR-355 for 34.95 as well. free shipping...

                Bulk prices with 10+ units is USD$ 33.05 shipped....

                LA2KLA

                > I found the following website that has the BR-355 in stock for $34.95.
                > http://www.semsons.com/glbrmogpsref.html
                > And if your order is over $20.00 you enter the displayed code on their
                > home page and get free ground shipping.
                >
                > Ed Taylor, ka4vmp

                > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Where have you been buying yours? I might need to pick up some of those
                > > as well for evaluation.
                > >
                > > Scott
              • Ronny Julian
                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 17, 2013
                  If you order "no cable" is there just a set of pads to solder to or is there a pigtail?  Just curious.
                  Ronny
                  K4RJJ

                  On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM, ka4vmp <ka4vmp@...> wrote:

                  I found the following website that has the BR-355 in stock for $34.95.
                  http://www.semsons.com/glbrmogpsref.html
                  And if your order is over $20.00 you enter the displayed code on their home page and get free ground shipping.

                  Ed Taylor, ka4vmp

                  > Where have you been buying yours? I might need to pick up some of those
                  > as well for evaluation.
                  >
                  > Scott
                  >
                  > On 4/16/2013 4:24 AM, captnkliegle wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Since the ADS-GM1 hasn't been available for months, I've been buying the
                  > > $32 BR-355 units. They're getting harder to find now that word is out. lol
                  > >
                  > > Warm boot is much faster than the ADS-GM1, within seconds or less!
                  > >
                  > > No capacitor installed across the DC power line, no issues in any of the
                  > > installations.
                  > >
                  > > KA1GJU

                • Suryono Adisoemarta
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 17, 2013
                    It comes with a PS2 connector that you need to cut, then solder a DE9 connector on the cable.

                    73 de Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX

                    Sent from my iPhone4