Re: OT1 USB problems...

  • ricer3dad
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7 9:04 PM
      I noticed something else... when I start up the otwincfg.exe (Ubuntu Linux) with the OT1USB connected, the dmesg returns a set of skipped EDID probes:

      [ 309.560735] cdc_acm 5-1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
      [ 309.563140] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
      [ 309.563147] cdc_acm: v0.26:USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters
      [ 330.825078] Skipping EDID probe due to cached edid
      <with several more "Skipping" messages>

      And then when I click on the otwincfg "Connect" button, I don't get any error message when COM1 is selected, but I do get a popup "Unable to access serial port" if any other COM2-16 is selected.

      Is it ok if I send this back for troubleshooting?

      - Mark

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7 9:06 PM
        Maybe it's dead then. You can send it back and we'll check it out.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7 9:07 PM
          Yes, go ahead - just include a note about the problem.

          Scott