Re: [tracker2] OTUSB dead

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7 6:12 PM
      No LEDs with power applied is a bad sign. You can send it in and we'll
      check it out - the MCU might be dead.

      Scott

      On 4/7/2013 3:32 PM, Mark Borrmann wrote:
      > Hi all, I was half way through a trip and my OTUSB went dead. No leds
      > and when I got home plugged it into the computer and no serial
      > communication or port setup in usb also no leds.
      >
      > Powered it with the external power source. Still no signs of life.
      >
      > Probed pin 16 17 of the microcontroller and have 5 volts available.
      >
      > Searched the groups for any ideas but haven't come up with any good ideas.
      >
      > Anyone have some other ideas on how to fix this?
      >
      > Thanx,
      >
      > Mark

    • Mark Borrmann
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8 8:19 PM
        Hey Scott, thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing and thought I would give a direct connection to the gps serial port a try and it worked. I never get that kind of luck.

        For those interested it what I did. Made up a null modem cable. Used a usb serial adapter that I know works on everything and has leds on it (not that this matters but when you see the receive leds light up you know something is there). Powered the OTUSB with the usb port (actually using the same laptop). Set the configuration tool to my usb serial adapter and it picked it up. Still no leds until I loaded the firmware from the web onto it. Works like a charm now.

        If I have any further issues I'll post back here.

        I still love this product and even if this didn't work I was ready to buy another one.

        Thanks,

        Mark