Re: [tracker2] New user question

  • Jacob Tennant
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2013

      WF8S-1.  Wide2-2

      On Apr 5, 2013 8:38 PM, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <ldeffenb@...> wrote:

      Ok, the digipeater is W8WMA-5, what is your OT-USB callsign-SSID?

      And what path do you have configured in it?

      On 4/5/2013 9:14 AM, jakewf8s wrote:
      > I have just received my OT-USB device and have set it up to be used as a tracker.
      >
      > However I have not been able to get it to be digipeated?
      >
      > I have tested it with my home station which hears it just fine as does the few locals also running APRS.
      >
      > I have listened to the packets compared to other stations and all sounds correct (been playing with APRS since 1994).
      >
      > The digi repeats every other station in my local area just fine as I also the sysop of the digi and have checked out the digi station.(W8MWA-5)
      >
      > Even when I was line of sight to the digi at 1 mile I could never get any packets digipeated?
      >
      > Any suggestions?

    • captnkliegle
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2013
        Can you post the parameters programmed into the OT?

        If the TXDelay is not long enough (ie using a radio thats slow to keyup on PTT) you may be losing the first few bits/bytes of data at the receive site. If the digipeater is squelched (not running with squelch open), the time delay of opening the squelch and passing audio could be long enough to kill your packet.

        What TXD are you running? Try extending it and listen with another radio for the tell tale sound of your packet being digi'ed. Just don't leave it on 500mS! hi hi

        Kriss KA1GJU