Re: [tracker2] OT1 USB problems...

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
      Sounds like maybe the USB bootloader got clobbered, but serial might
      still work. Try connecting with a serial port rather than USB.

      Scott

      On 4/1/2013 6:54 PM, ricer3dad wrote:
      > Not sure what I've done to my OT1 USB... but hope it's not dead.
      >
      > I use Linux mostly (Ubuntu 10.10), so I followed the usb wiki to set up
      > the symbolic link and successfully ran the otwincfg.exe (operating under
      > wine). It recognized the device displayed the default settings.
      > I was also able to connect to it with the Linux cu utility (cu -l ttyACM0).
      >
      > Well, I noticed that there was a flash file on the Argentdata website
      > for the OT1 USB (dated January 30, 2012), so I downloaded the file and
      > used the otwincfg program to flash the file into the OT1 USB. But
      > instead of a "successful load" message I got an error message about a
      > bad data value. So i tried it again but this time I had the otwincfg
      > program retrieve the flash file from the web. The same error message
      > appeared. So I closed the program and powered off the device by
      > unplugging the USB from the OT1 and then plugged it back in again.
      >
      > Now when I plug the USB in, the LED indicator is solid green and it
      > stays on as long as the USB is connnected. I can't seem to get the
      > otwincfg file to recognize the device. (But doing a terminal command
      > lsusb shows that the usb is recognized: Bus 003 Device 006: ID 134a:9000)
      >
      > Instead of the USB power, when I plug in the +12VDC the LED flashes red
      > at approximately a 1 Hz. rate. While the +12VDC is applied, attaching
      > the USB to my Linux computer still doesn't recognize the device... but
      > it still flashes red at 1Hz.
      >
      > Performing dmesg shows:
      > [ 2399.096034] usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and
      > address 6
      > [ 2404.279184] cdc_acm 3-1:1.0: This device cannot do calls on its own.
      > It is not a modem.
      > [ 2404.279221] cdc_acm 3-1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
      >
      > Any suggestions/comments/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

    • ricer3dad
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2013
        I tried the serial port using a USB/serial converter (one that I use for my older 0T1+ device) from my computer but was not able to get anything out of OT1-USB device. :(

        _____________________________---

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
          I noticed something else... when I start up the otwincfg.exe (Ubuntu Linux) with the OT1USB connected, the dmesg returns a set of skipped EDID probes:

          [ 309.560735] cdc_acm 5-1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
          [ 309.563140] usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_acm
          [ 309.563147] cdc_acm: v0.26:USB Abstract Control Model driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters
          [ 330.825078] Skipping EDID probe due to cached edid
          <with several more "Skipping" messages>

          And then when I click on the otwincfg "Connect" button, I don't get any error message when COM1 is selected, but I do get a popup "Unable to access serial port" if any other COM2-16 is selected.

          Is it ok if I send this back for troubleshooting?

          - Mark

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
            Maybe it's dead then. You can send it back and we'll check it out.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2013
              Yes, go ahead - just include a note about the problem.

              Scott