Re: T3-mini serial ports

  • caimaver
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
      Hi Scott-

      Thanks for the update. I've got the T3-mini working in TTL mode, but it looks like there's a problem with the A-TX pin. Using TTL, I am able to send commands to the T3-mini through the A-RX pin and communication through port B (TTL) seems to work fine (both TX and RX as far as I can tell, I can echo port B text with 'snoop' but I didn't see an obvious command to output text on port B).

      After a little more troubleshooting, it looks like the A-TX pin is still operating in RS-232 mode; it works if I run the A-TX line through a MAX3232 (while the A-RX is still receiving TTL). I verified that 002FFF01 is still 06 using "dump all". Can this be fixed in a firmware update?

      BTW, is there a way to use "dump" to output only the memory at 002FF0? That would make verifying this configuration byte much simpler.

      Thanks! I'm really excited about the options made possible with a T3 on a small PCB like this.

      - Cai

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
        > After a little more troubleshooting, it looks like the A-TX pin is still
        > operating in RS-232 mode; it works if I run the A-TX line through a

        Actually I think TTL may be the default on the T3. That's the one
        annoying difference between the OTUSB and T3 - they have different
        default polarities for the TX line. Try setting it without the TX
        invert bit.

        > MAX3232 (while the A-RX is still receiving TTL). I verified that
        > 002FFF01 is still 06 using "dump all". Can this be fixed in a firmware
        > update?

        I think those may have gone out with an older firmware version - the
        production programmer might not have been updated. I'll check on that
        tonight.

        > BTW, is there a way to use "dump" to output only the memory at 002FF0?
        > That would make verifying this configuration byte much simpler.

        No, afraid you have to do a DUMP ALL.

        Scott
      • caimaver
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
          Thanks for the fast reply. You're right, "patch 002FFF0102" allows me to use TTL for both A-TX and A-RX. If it's helpful, my T3-mini was shipped with the 56373 firmware.

          One last thing: I tried to create an account on the Argent Data wiki, but I get, 'Database returned error "1146: Table 'argentwiki.account_requests' doesn't exist (db.argentdata.com)".'

          Thanks again!
          - Cai

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2013
            > One last thing: I tried to create an account on the Argent Data wiki,
            > but I get, 'Database returned error "1146: Table
            > 'argentwiki.account_requests' doesn't exist (db.argentdata.com)".'

            Hmm, the latest upgrade must have broken that. I'll have to see what I
            can do. At least it should keep down the spam accounts... =]