Re: [tracker2] T3-mini serial ports

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2013
      Hi Cai,

      I just added a note to the wiki:

      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php?title=Tracker3#Hardware_Configuration_Flags

      I'll add more specific information to the T3-mini page when I have time.
      In short, you'll need to use the patch command to set a configuration
      byte.

      Scott

      On 3/27/2013 12:34 AM, caimaver wrote:
      > How can I get either serial port on the T3-mini to speak TTL instead of
      > RS-232? I couldn't find a setting for it in otwincfg or in the
      > "cmd:help" command list and I didn't see anything about it on the wiki
      > either.
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Cai /W6CAI

    • caimaver
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 27, 2013
        Ah, I found the answer under "Hardware Configuration Flags" on the wiki. It looks like I need to enter "PATCH 002FFF0106" in command mode to change to TTL serial. If I want to change back to RS-232, it looks like I'd enter "PATCH 002FFF0100". I'll try this out tonight to verify.

        - Cai /W6CAI

        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "caimaver" <caimaver@...> wrote:

        > How can I get either serial port on the T3-mini to speak TTL instead of RS-232? I couldn't find a setting for it in otwincfg or in the "cmd:help" command list and I didn't see anything about it on the wiki either.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Cai /W6CAI

      • caimaver
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
          Hi Scott-

          Thanks for the update. I've got the T3-mini working in TTL mode, but it looks like there's a problem with the A-TX pin. Using TTL, I am able to send commands to the T3-mini through the A-RX pin and communication through port B (TTL) seems to work fine (both TX and RX as far as I can tell, I can echo port B text with 'snoop' but I didn't see an obvious command to output text on port B).

          After a little more troubleshooting, it looks like the A-TX pin is still operating in RS-232 mode; it works if I run the A-TX line through a MAX3232 (while the A-RX is still receiving TTL). I verified that 002FFF01 is still 06 using "dump all". Can this be fixed in a firmware update?

          BTW, is there a way to use "dump" to output only the memory at 002FF0? That would make verifying this configuration byte much simpler.

          Thanks! I'm really excited about the options made possible with a T3 on a small PCB like this.

          - Cai

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
            > After a little more troubleshooting, it looks like the A-TX pin is still
            > operating in RS-232 mode; it works if I run the A-TX line through a

            Actually I think TTL may be the default on the T3. That's the one
            annoying difference between the OTUSB and T3 - they have different
            default polarities for the TX line. Try setting it without the TX
            invert bit.

            > MAX3232 (while the A-RX is still receiving TTL). I verified that
            > 002FFF01 is still 06 using "dump all". Can this be fixed in a firmware
            > update?

            I think those may have gone out with an older firmware version - the
            production programmer might not have been updated. I'll check on that
            tonight.

            > BTW, is there a way to use "dump" to output only the memory at 002FF0?
            > That would make verifying this configuration byte much simpler.

            No, afraid you have to do a DUMP ALL.

            Scott
          • caimaver
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
              Thanks for the fast reply. You're right, "patch 002FFF0102" allows me to use TTL for both A-TX and A-RX. If it's helpful, my T3-mini was shipped with the 56373 firmware.

              One last thing: I tried to create an account on the Argent Data wiki, but I get, 'Database returned error "1146: Table 'argentwiki.account_requests' doesn't exist (db.argentdata.com)".'

              Thanks again!
              - Cai

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2013
                > One last thing: I tried to create an account on the Argent Data wiki,
                > but I get, 'Database returned error "1146: Table
                > 'argentwiki.account_requests' doesn't exist (db.argentdata.com)".'

                Hmm, the latest upgrade must have broken that. I'll have to see what I
                can do. At least it should keep down the spam accounts... =]