Re: [tracker2] Questions on products coming out.

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013
      On 3/23/2013 2:39 PM, N9NWO wrote:
      > This new T3 mini board is like the OT-usb? What case does it work in? I
      > am not sure what the MSU is as well (assume it is how the firmware is
      > programmed).

      The same board will take either a T3 processor (MCF51JM128) or OTUSB
      processor (MC9S08JM60). One is 32 bits and the other 8 bits, but the T3
      and OTUSB share most of their source code.

      It doesn't come with a case. It's intended mostly for embedded
      applications, where you want to put the board inside a radio or a
      balloon payload, or otherwise just don't need a big case and bulky
      connectors.

      > What does it replace? The T3, the OT-usb or the T3-135 board?

      It mostly replaces the OT1+ SMT.

      > BTW I have ghosts on my Nuvi 350 connected to my T3-301. There call
      > signs where someone was hours ago. Plus if I send a message it keeps
      > sending until acknowledged rather than so many attempts. Not sure how to
      > deal with this.

      There's no way for the T3 to delete anything from the nuvi, so that's
      normal behavior. Message ACKs are tricky - I think there may be a bug
      in the ACK code but the nuvi is sometimes weird about how it handles the
      message queue. I've been doing some testing on that lately.